• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW X4 book

Craig Sjoquist

yes just found and bought Borders book store ..only $50

been looking for over a year for a book on coreldrawX3 ...already have the unleashed CD version which did not cover enough at all ..so been looking for more reading

now this book is a good 2" thick and understandable, already learning some basic stuff not found in what I've learned prior
so my rating is very high ..if ya want to learn this is it
... got a question I'll be able to look it up... and answer

endorsed by corel

it's Coreldraw X4 ....the official guide
by Gary David Bouton
corel press
McGraw Hill publishers

Jackpine

Amazon has CorelDRAW: The Official Guide by Gary David Bouton (Paperback - Jul 28, 2008)
Buy new: $31.49
44 Used & new from $26.35

Craig Sjoquist

yes your right ..Jackpine ...thank you for pointing that out .... surely shipping can't more then $20 looks like a day or so ya get it

but I like buying local if I can ... also not a big searcher for stuff .. was just happy that it was in the book store ..guess I'll have to change and get in with the times just to save a few bucks here and there and even find stuff that I did not realize are available

but if ya need to learn more about Coreldraw this book is the ticket no matter how much or where ya buy it

Jackpine

Shipping is free.
yes your right ..Jackpine ...thank you for pointing that out .... surely shipping can't more then $20 looks like a day or so ya get it

but I like buying local if I can ... also not a big searcher for stuff .. was just happy that it was in the book store ..guess I'll have to change and get in with the times just to save a few bucks here and there and even find stuff that I did not realize are available

but if ya need to learn more about Coreldraw this book is the ticket no matter how much or where ya buy it

amp267

i have the corel 12 version of this book, thats the version i purchased when i got into graphic designing. i knew very little to nothing about designing on computer, i was just a pad and pencil guy. this book made me a corel ninja. great buy. im looking to upgrade to x4 from x3. is there alot of new stuff.

Craig Sjoquist

well since I've just started reading .. and really don't use or understand X3 very well..this book will really help

as far as new ... it seems to have more user friendly ways and means
like new tool table feature
page layout enhancements /layers also seen ya can put same page next to same or another screen
live text preview / easier font ID / new fonts mirroring of paragragh text added
alot more file sharing and support from other formats
improved color management
new power trace features
and several other improvements

but since coreldraw seems to release a new version in the begining of year .. hopefully I'll be able to get the CD of X5 this year ... and reading this book will not only help me on X3 but a good understanding so X5 will be alot easier