Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW X4 book

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Craig Sjoquist, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    yes just found and bought Borders book store ..only $50

been looking for over a year for a book on coreldrawX3 ...already have the unleashed CD version which did not cover enough at all ..so been looking for more reading

now this book is a good 2" thick and understandable, already learning some basic stuff not found in what I've learned prior
    so my rating is very high ..if ya want to learn this is it
    ... got a question I'll be able to look it up... and answer

endorsed by corel

it's Coreldraw X4 ....the official guide
    by Gary David Bouton
    corel press
    McGraw Hill publishers

2. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
  3. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Amazon has CorelDRAW: The Official Guide by Gary David Bouton (Paperback - Jul 28, 2008)
    Buy new: $31.49
    44 Used & new from $26.35

4. Craig Sjoquist

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    yes your right ..Jackpine ...thank you for pointing that out .... surely shipping can't more then $20 looks like a day or so ya get it

but I like buying local if I can ... also not a big searcher for stuff .. was just happy that it was in the book store ..guess I'll have to change and get in with the times just to save a few bucks here and there and even find stuff that I did not realize are available

but if ya need to learn more about Coreldraw this book is the ticket no matter how much or where ya buy it

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Shipping is free.

6. amp267

amp267 Member

Jul 27, 2008
    i have the corel 12 version of this book, thats the version i purchased when i got into graphic designing. i knew very little to nothing about designing on computer, i was just a pad and pencil guy. this book made me a corel ninja. great buy. im looking to upgrade to x4 from x3. is there alot of new stuff.

7. Craig Sjoquist

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    well since I've just started reading .. and really don't use or understand X3 very well..this book will really help

as far as new ... it seems to have more user friendly ways and means
    like new tool table feature
    page layout enhancements /layers also seen ya can put same page next to same or another screen
    live text preview / easier font ID / new fonts mirroring of paragragh text added
    alot more file sharing and support from other formats
    improved color management
    new power trace features
    and several other improvements

but since coreldraw seems to release a new version in the begining of year .. hopefully I'll be able to get the CD of X5 this year ... and reading this book will not only help me on X3 but a good understanding so X5 will be alot easier