• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New XF-640 Banding Issue

RupestreTandil

Same problem here in Argentina

Hi.

I have a chinese dual DX5 printhead machine, and I have started to experience the same banding issue... ¿no solution so far?..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Avqrk5y_wwf9KFlNqd4pYsPrGhUTGfcCz2k1ee_XVNtT.jpg
    Avqrk5y_wwf9KFlNqd4pYsPrGhUTGfcCz2k1ee_XVNtT.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 550

bilge

i have had mimaki jv5. it has 4 DX5 printheads. It was too complicated to fine tune these printheads. Try to following: make all adjustment on printheads, I guess 4 of them, print in higher number of pass or unidirection, or print by one printhead. Dual printheads good for 6 or 8 colors, if you print in 4 colors you can't get solid colored prints in high speed.

RupestreTandil

Banding - ink dropout issue

Thanks, but already tried your suggestions...

printing with one head, unidirectional, 720 or 1440, same banding issue

Alternate passes have different amount of ink... passes 1, 3, 5, 7 has more ink, passes 2, 4, 6, 8... have less ink...

I began to notice this when switched inks for the first time... ever since, tried many inks and the problem does not goes away.... by now I believe it does not have a solution at all

reQ

Chinese printers & Roland printers are different. Don't know why would you ask about problem with chinese printer in roland's topic :)

Tim Kingston

I too had banding problems but made a few changes and have no issues now ( knock on wood). The main thing I found was to make sure that the media is taut including the take-up side. What I do is when threading the media through by hand and lining up with the side margin-marker ( from the back side of the printer , I pull back on the roll hard will still holding it to make sure it is tight on both ends of the roll before dropping the media bar. Also, I use an old banner roll on the take-up side ( feed it out and tape it to front edge, to save media. I also make sure this is pulled tight against the media and bottom of the heater when I tape it, feed it out some with the dancer bar down then do a test print, bi-direct test and feed calibration making sure the take-up is actively pulling the media before the feed calibration test print is used for adjustment.

bilge

Thanks, but already tried your suggestions...

printing with one head, unidirectional, 720 or 1440, same banding issue

Alternate passes have different amount of ink... passes 1, 3, 5, 7 has more ink, passes 2, 4, 6, 8... have less ink...

I began to notice this when switched inks for the first time... ever since, tried many inks and the problem does not goes away.... by now I believe it does not have a solution at all
That's why I don't use chinese printers. These printers delivered with no printheads installed and it will be done at site. Maybe later models supplied with factory installed printheads. Problem starts here, if printheads are not adjusted properly all further actions useless. It is really for very experienced users, if someone knows similar printers very well then can buy chinese printers which cost 2 or 3 times less than japanese counterparts and ink cost 5 to 10 times cheaper.
Almost all chinese printers are reverse engineered from japanese or US brands, only skin looks different. I guess yours is copy of Roland. If it uses Epson printhead, there is not much difference Roland, Mimaki or chinese in basics.

RupestreTandil

Banding - ink dropout issue

I bought a chinese printer mainly because here in my country we had no other option -except for latex-

I am very pleased with the quality of the machine. Is an Allwin e-180. Used to have an HP and it is much more practical and is very fast to set up.

If you read te begining of the tread, you´ll see that Rolands and Mimakis have the same issue...

For now I believe it must be the inks...

Thanks everybody...

mr-blue

I haven't forgotten about this thread and some of the questions and responses... I have been waiting for some news from Roland regarding this issue (on month 4 now). Looks like I'll have an update very soon on the situation, and I'll share with everyone the outcome, which so far is NOT looking promising!

Any news for the members here?