Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie color matching

Discussion in 'Roland' started by otctech, Jun 15, 2012.

1. otctech

otctech Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I want to start by saying I am by no means any kind of designer in the slightest. I am a technician. I have been working on Rolands for about 15 months now and I am pretty comfortable with the hardware side of the printers.

That being said I would like to learn the basics of getting the color you want to print to actually print. My goal is not to become a designer but to better be able to identify and troubleshoot issues that may arise that are not printer related.

I know that this is a very complex issue that can take a long time to master so let me ask a more specific question. We have a paricular job that is not printing the color we want it to. I tried on 2 different printers to ensure it wasn't a machine issue. So now I printed out a Roland color system library for the banner material we are running and found the color I want to print. My question is how do I take the numbers from the color chart and convert that into the correct color in AI?

Tags:
  2. otctech

otctech Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Thank you!