Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Flexi question

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by dvilleeckos, Dec 22, 2006.

1. dvilleeckos

dvilleeckos New Member

Dec 13, 2006
    I am very new to this and i bought a vinyl cutter to play around with. It came with the very basic flexi software. My question is how do u do a color separtion in order to cut two different colors of vinyl for an overlay?

Tags:
  2. tzn_motorsports

tzn_motorsports Member

Oct 15, 2006
    In the production manager go to advanced tab. Uncheck the "send all colors" button. That should do it.

Brad

3. dvilleeckos

dvilleeckos New Member

Dec 13, 2006
    is it possible to seperate the colors on the designing screen?

4. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

In signlab you would select "cut by color". Then in the cut menue select the color you want to cut. I would think Flexi has a similar feature unless it is only in the more complete package.

5. tzn_motorsports

tzn_motorsports Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Are you running flexi starter? If so you can select the item and hit ctrl-u to ungroup. Then you can separate the colors.

Hope that helps
    Brad

6. gROUND cHUCK

gROUND cHUCK Member

Jun 10, 2005
    You can view 1 color at a time if you like.
    Just add your colors from your color swatch to each of your objects.
    Then right click on the color in the swatch that you want to see,
    then go to view / hide all but this color.

After when you want to see all the colors again, right click on the color
    in the swatch and go to view / show all colors.

Or if you want, you can separate each color into separate compounds,
    by selecting everything, making sure it's all ungrouped, then click on
    Arrange / compound / compound by color.

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    once I get a layout approved, I usually end up disecting my file & renaming it. At this point I often move groups of similar colored text or graphics into different areas on the page. Like if I'm doing a vehicle, & 2 similar sides & on back layout, I'll make my second copy of the side layout & then pull out all the black copy & start clustering it into efficient blocks that fit whatever material size I am using, Then all my blue logos get clustered together... so when I'm actually ready to cut, I just select what I want to cut & have never used any "cut by color" features... I always just "cut selected"

8. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Thats exactly what I do Doug, Its just easier for me and it keeps everything seperated and as you said. you can bunch them together and save some material. If im doing several different colors Ill draw a square around them to make it even easier.