• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie from East Coast Canada

72camaross

Hey guys/gals,

Just wanted to say hi. I haven't been on here long but am glad I found this site. I was given a 54" (Tiger Master?) cutter and some rolls of vinyl and told have fun. I can make simple decals for cars/windos/walls but that's about it right now. I didn't think I would enjoy this as much as I do and the more I learn the more I love it. Hoping it will lead me down an exciting road.

I am in IT by day, I also design websites, I am a realtor with Royal Lepage Atlantic, and now I'm doing the signs at night and weekends. I know it'll take a lot more time dedication to be better but that's all I can afford right now. I look forward to hearing of some recommended books on design because that's probably the hardest part for me.

Maybe some east coast canadians can recommend some suppliers for substrates. I can only really apply the vinyl to glass or cars right now.

Anyway there is much to read, much to learn.
Take care,
J

Anicom

Hello from Halifax, what part of the region are you from? Locally we have ND Graphics and Proveer that keep alot of product on hand but we also deal with suppliers from all over the country to get what we want at a decent price. Be happy to expand if you want to message me.

-Troy

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Welcome from California and it seems like you keep yourself pretty occupied with your day jobs and this sign business keep up the good work

bois323

Hello, A Canadian welcoming you from down here in the Bahamas.

My suggestion to you is to get a hold of a Big Sqeegee. Since you are still learning about vinyl this will greatly help your masking and application. it really does eliminate bubbles and is faster once you get the hang of it.

Here is a tread you might like to read up on it. Look on page one, Dale has a special on (Not sure if it is still on, but you can ask him, really nice doing business with him). http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82193&highlight=big+sqeegee