• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie from NC.

Dentafrice

Well I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed, but howdy.

My name is Caleb, from North Carolina. I'm quite new at this, and I'm still a student in high school.

I've been doing logos, vinyl lettering, and custom designs for a while now. I started off at the age of 12 in web design, I'm 17 now. I've programmed websites and desktop applications for years.

I've recently started working with vinyl, due to the market in our area of young people wishing to "customize" their vehicles with different sayings, custom logos, etc.

I'm looking for new equipment now, and once I get enough money saved up, I'll be investing in a larger plotter.

It's amazing how much you learn in school goes into this industry as I have been reading. My major pathway in school right now is construction technology, so I've had major influences in Geometry, Drafting, and precision sciences.

Hopefully I can learn a lot from this website :) Nice to meet ya.

GP

Welcome Caleb -

One tip - try to utilize the search function prior to posting, show that you are willing to invest a little time and energy in learning and you will get along just fine. There is plenty to learn.

Good luck!

GP

welcome . glad someone is taking care of the high school custom car guys i'd rather they went to guys like you than coming into a shop that is focused on selling business to business.

my bet is that if you work it you will make more money than an afternoon job, however, you might want to consider getting part time employment at a local sign shop...before investing in your own equipment.

good luck to you nice to see a young man with ambition and dreams rather than the majority of young men i see who want to sit around and play video games and do the bare minimum.

Craig Sjoquist

..Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

Always wished I had made use of the opportunity in my teens, instead it took another 10 years ..alot could have been learned. ... go for it, do your best

Mosh

I started in high school, that was over 20 years ago. Keep your eyes, ears and mind open!

Dentafrice

welcome . glad someone is taking care of the high school custom car guys i'd rather they went to guys like you than coming into a shop that is focused on selling business to business.

my bet is that if you work it you will make more money than an afternoon job, however, you might want to consider getting part time employment at a local sign shop...before investing in your own equipment.

good luck to you nice to see a young man with ambition and dreams rather than the majority of young men i see who want to sit around and play video games and do the bare minimum.

I'm looking at a job at a sign/t-shirt/distribution company in my area, would be some nice experience.

Welcome from OK

Many of the members here will print on vinyl for you. You are not limited to cut vinyl.

It would be nice to outsource the printing issue, but the fact being that my prices for vinyl decals around this area really aren't that much, and the fact teenagers really don't have a lot of money to spend.. by the time I outsourced it, and put my time into cutting it out.. I would have to raise the prices I think by a significant amount, maybe enough to drive these customers away?

Nash Signs

Welcome from Rocky Mount NC.

You will find 101 is a great place with a wealth of information and knowledge.

Good Luck !