• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help newbie-Gerber 750 plus is not pen plotting correctly

Colt67

Gerber 750 plus I am having a problem with the plotter-pen plot is showing its off. 3 Pictures are attached
Any ideas of where I need to check and correct on plotter

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    712.4 KB · Views: 155

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
From the looks of it, I'm going to take a wild guess and say there appears to be backlash in the Y-axis (the belt that drives the cutter head across the guide rails).

JB

Joe House

I would clean off the chrome bars that the head slides back and forth on. Clean with alcohol and then put a small drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bars. These are brass bushings, so keeping the bars clean and lightly lubed is important. If this is an old plotter, they could be worn and would also contribute to this kind of poor plotting.
In the software, make sure that you're sending as a pen plot if you're using Omega to send the jobs. Tangential mode won't affect pen plots other than to slow it down and swivel mode will put hooks on the corners.

Good Luck