Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help newbie-Gerber 750 plus is not pen plotting correctly

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Colt67, Dec 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Colt67

Colt67 Premium Subscriber

Feb 24, 2017
    Iowa
    Gerber 750 plus I am having a problem with the plotter-pen plot is showing its off. 3 Pictures are attached
    Any ideas of where I need to check and correct on plotter

Thank you

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    From the looks of it, I'm going to take a wild guess and say there appears to be backlash in the Y-axis (the belt that drives the cutter head across the guide rails).

JB

3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    I also would say offset for knife is still applied - looking at corners.

4. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

Might also look and see if its in Tangential mode and switch it to swivel mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I would clean off the chrome bars that the head slides back and forth on. Clean with alcohol and then put a small drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bars. These are brass bushings, so keeping the bars clean and lightly lubed is important. If this is an old plotter, they could be worn and would also contribute to this kind of poor plotting.
    In the software, make sure that you're sending as a pen plot if you're using Omega to send the jobs. Tangential mode won't affect pen plots other than to slow it down and swivel mode will put hooks on the corners.

Good Luck

• Agree Agree x 1