• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie: Ghost-Picture on JV33-260, Rasterlink

muelli75

Hi!

Im completly new in LFP, after preparing a used JV33-260 (new printinghead, new ink), I run into troubles after adjusting the head.

Printing with RasterLink is working, but printing in bidirectonal mode causes ghosting - a difference between the two ways about one millimeter. (see attachment)

Can anybody help me, how to set up the printinghead?

Thanks!

Martin

Attachments

• Foto_small.jpg
    Foto_small.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 242

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Martin
Your machine needs a head alignment done for all modes.
Do a search on how to via the net and this forum.
For now don't use bidirectional mode use uni and it may be ok.
Uni is somewhat better for quality but bidirectional is sometimes faster but alignment has to be spot on or you get what you see in your picture.
Tekkie1

lulok07

You have to do head drop position calibration.
Go to service mode , after switching machine "on" hold down together Function and remote button.
Go to "function" find "adjust" and select "Drop.pos adjust".
You have to make all Drop pos. calibration (there is BIdirectional calibration too).
It's easy , you must choose perfect straight lines in this calibrations (note that there is an axis of plus and minus).
At the end you must go to maintenance and make last calibration DROP.POS. correct.

If you want I can send you service manual for jv33, just send me your email on my PV

muelli75

Thank you for your answers! I will try as you say - I also own the maintenance-manual - but I didnt know if this is the right way.

Will now try to align the head. Will post here the result.

Martin

muelli75

Hi!

I did the drop.pos adjust 2 times. The first result was much better than the unadjusted print - but not perfect enough to sell the prints.

So I did a second pass - but now the print isnt acceptable. Near the parking-position (att1 - parkingside.jpg) of the printhead the print is much better than on the left side of the paper (see att2 - offside).

How should the fine-adjustment look like? Like my third attachment - or should there a space between the lines (att3)?

---- ---- after a short while .... the edit to this post ----

I created a testchart - the result really surprised me! As you can see, there is a misalignment in one line. Not consistent over the whole width. Is this a media-problem?
Do you have any hints for me how to repair this?

Thanks for your support!

Martin

Attachments

• parkingside.jpg
    parkingside.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Off_Side.jpg
    Off_Side.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 200
  • 3er_cut.jpg
    3er_cut.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 212
  • color_left.jpg
    color_left.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 195
  • color_right.jpg
    color_right.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 183
  • black_left.jpg
    black_left.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 197
  • black_right.jpg
    black_right.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 203

lulok07

Try cleaning the encoder, it can cause your problems. If it did not help check your head slan adjust ,you can find it in your service manual but you need microscope for this.
If you change head angle after slan adjust you must perform all drop position calibration again.
Remember that at the end you must perform drop position correct in maintenance panel.

Good luck :smile: and sorry for my english

lulok07

How should the fine-adjustment look like? Like my third attachment - or should there a space between the lines (att3)?

You have to choose the place where the lines overlap perfectly, tommorow i will post here pics from my adjustments.

Jobraj

jv 33 alignment

After you do the service mode adjustment, you must switch off the printer and start up again. Then go to maintainance and do the drop pos adjustment.

muelli75

Hi!

Thank you for all your posts! After cleaning the enconder the machine works good. Maybe not perfect - but I work on it.
@ lulok07: I look forward to your pictures of your adjustments.

After doing the "hardware-things" is the next step to take care of the profiles for rasterlink 5. Lets see if I check this out.

Once again, thank you all for your help - its a good base to learn more.

Martin