• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie + Help with floating / levitating Tray sign

Harry182

Hello,

name is Harry. Started off working in a sports shop drawing, cutting and printing designs for local football teams and have now moved in to making signs using both a flatbed printer and vinyl printer. I love what I do and I'm looking to learn more.

So I start with this...

How and what fixings do I need to mount a floating tray sign like this where the bottom is off the wall so I can ilumanate it with leds.

attachment.php

I know now how to mount a normal tray sign with angle but can't get my head around this one.

Many thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 104

player

Better pictures? One that shows the bottom edge dead on? More light so you can see the edges clearly.

Others here may already know, but better pics would really help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you've just been promoted to flatbed and roll to roll printing, they are asking you to do something, you are not qualified to do. You could get into trouble, if an electric sign is not designed by the right person.

The sign is recessed on the backside with proably a 1" lip creating the halo effect from the blues LEDs. Like a miniature channel letter. Make sure you use the correct lumens for the LEDs.

Harry182

Better pictures? One that shows the bottom edge dead on? More light so you can see the edges clearly.

Others here may already know, but better pics would really help.

Thanks for the reply. sadly this is the only photo I found on the Internet. Can't find any information on how it was mounted or anything similar at the moment.

If you've just been promoted to flatbed and roll to roll printing, they are asking you to do something, you are not qualified to do. You could get into trouble, if an electric sign is not designed by the right person.

The sign is recessed on the backside with proably a 1" lip creating the halo effect from the blues LEDs. Like a miniature channel letter. Make sure you use the correct lumens for the LEDs.

Thanks Gino for the reply. :) Been shirt printing for 10+ years and flatbed and roll printing for 2 years. This is just for a fun little side project out of work. nothing serious. I think it's more wanting to Know how it's done because I think it's really clever!

J Hill Designs

studs welded to inside of can
appropriate depth standoff sleeves
stud mount using standoffs
secure from behind wall with nuts

Andy D

studs welded to inside of can
appropriate depth standoff sleeves
stud mount using standoffs
secure from behind wall with nuts

What J Hill said, but welding studs after the sign is already formed and painted will mess up the finish.
Another other option is to use professional adhesive to glue blocks on the second surface
and then drill and tap those.