• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

newbie here: banding issue with dx7 dual heads

alexyoon.gaius

I've posted a thread about a dual dx7 head WitColor Printer i got from China a few days ago..
I didn't notice until I printed out a bright blue poster that my prints have banding issue with them.
I looked up some threads about banding issues, and most of remedies recommend to clean up the nozzles and change the color profiles..change to uni and increase the pass to 8, etc.
I've done most of them and still can't figure out.

Probably the issue is caused by the head alignment, but it seems like one of the heads won't move..
For head 2, I can adjust the position of both left and right end of it, but for head 1, I can only adjust the left side of it.
I attached a picture of a xy position test that shows head 2 is aligned perfectly but head 1 is slightly banding up.
Also I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to have that white line between magenta and yellow..
attachment.php
attachment.php

I tried to adjust two heads for hours and hours, but this misalignment doesn't seem like to have a cure.. or because I'm a newbie..
No matter how I pull or push the head 1, it will still have that slight slope on the top and won't align with the head 2.
If I move head 2, it will overlap with the head 1 and make the banding worse..
Please help me out here!!
I also attached pictrues of my heads and the manual (the manual is really poor quality)

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20160610_121130458.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160610_121130458.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 233
  • KakaoTalk_20160610_121132658.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160610_121132658.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 188
  • KakaoTalk_20160610_122030278.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160610_122030278.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 123
  • KakaoTalk_20160610_122034499.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160610_122034499.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 148

player

Is there a service mode in the software?

Are there any service mode calibrations or software calibrations anywhere?

With Roland printers you adjust them as close as possible mechanically then use the printer firmware to fine tune it.

It makes sense only 1 head adjusts, you only adjust the moveable head to the fixed head. Are there any leveling adjustments?

I am no expert, just a long time Roland dx4 head owner.

alexyoon.gaius

Is there a service mode in the software?

Are there any service mode calibrations or software calibrations anywhere?

With Roland printers you adjust them as close as possible mechanically then use the printer firmware to fine tune it.

It makes sense only 1 head adjusts, you only adjust the moveable head to the fixed head. Are there any leveling adjustments?

I am no expert, just a long time Roland dx4 head owner.

thanks for your reply!
I don't think there is any service more calibration for this Printer.
This printer is made up so simple and straight forward that it doesn't carry any add-on services like that..
I can only see xy test on the printer software but that's it. I have to manually set everything!
I tried to adjust the level but it won't make any improvement.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Not too familiar with these machines but in general, on a two head machine, one head will be the base and the other one adjusts to it. Usually you can adjust the tilt of the first head but not the up and down position because they want you to adjust the second head to align with the first head.

alexyoon.gaius

what did witcolor say when you contacted them? They are usually pretty good in regards to help.

The problem is that I bought this printer from a third party company.
They say that I have to follow the manual.
No more advise than that.
WitColor agents say because I purchased this product from the other comapny, no tech support can be delivered to me.
It's very frustrating

alexyoon.gaius

Not to familiar with these machines but in general, on a two head machine, one head will be the base and the other one adjusts to it. Usually you can adjust the tilt of the first head but not the up and down position because they want you to adjust the second head to align with the first head.

So if the head 1 is not adjustable, is it normal that its top is tilted like that in the picture.
The top side of the first head have a sort of upward slope.. I wasn't sure if it's normal or not.
attachment.php

Also the side of every image so blurry like that.. I just wanna make sure that problem will be gone if I match the calibration.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20160613_132343517.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160613_132343517.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 189

ProPDF

I think you are just going to have to do a ton of test prints and alignments until you get it squared up. Sometimes you have to do this it's a pain but once you find the sweet spot make sure to mark it on the print head plate in case it moves in the future or you need to replace the head again.

alexyoon.gaius

I think you are just going to have to do a ton of test prints and alignments until you get it squared up. Sometimes you have to do this it's a pain but once you find the sweet spot make sure to mark it on the print head plate in case it moves in the future or you need to replace the head again.

Yeah I surely need to put a mark..
I almost got it right a couple of hours ago and I somehow the calibration got messy after I restart the printer!