• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Here From Michigan With Questions

KimberlyAnn

Hi to all:

My sister and I are from Southern Michigan and have been doing heat transfer printing and our own custom design work for about a year now, and want to expand into vinyl work. We bought a Roland Stika 15 and have used it once to apply a saying to a black shirt but that's about it. We are in a severe learning curve. lol

One question we'd like to know is about can koozies. The flat koozies are made of 4MM-¼" Thick High Density Polyurethane Foam and we'd like to do navy blue and red and apply like navy, black, white, maybe red vinyl on these colors with "sayings". Can this be done? And, with the same type of vinyl we purchased for clothing? We have the Thermoflex Plus from specialty materials.

We don't want to invest in buying them if this won't work. Sorry if this sounds like I know "nothing" but I really don't at the point just learning. And, in reading through the forums you guys really know your stuff, I've learned alot already.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kim:tongue:

blademaster

Koozies are usually screen printed, im guessing you could apply vinyl to them but i dont think it would be a heat applied vinyl.

Someone else will probably know more but im a screen printer and happen to know that koozies are usually screen printed.

blademaster

Go Red Wings! The players and the owners came to some sort of agreement so hopefully there will be hockey this year.

Im a Redford Michigan native but i live in Florida now.

marty whiteside

Hey Kimberly
:Welcome: my wife is also named Kimberly (Kim) and is from Michigan :Welcome:

koozies are usually screenprinted . but it may be worth a try . because on my heat transfer mach. it has a soft mat on platten that appears to be just like koozie material if I was going to try this I would use a cover sheet and have a fire extinguisher handy i dont know if it will work after this post I will probly try one day.

KimberlyAnn

Hi guys:

Yes, go Red Wings....I missed hockey a ton last season.

And, definitely if you try one on your heat press let me know how it worked. Ours has the soft cushy mat also like koozie material, and like you said, my concern would be the heat...but maybe less degrees would help. Definitely, let me know if it works please.

Kim:thumb:

ENTDesign

Hello from the Lansing area. A suggestion is to ask the koozie manufacturer about melting temperature and adhesive compatability. The HDP foam might need a specific adhesive type to prevent the slime-ys (can't figure how to spell that).