• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie here from Michigan

Eric Lott

Hey guys and girls,

My name is Eric and I live in Michigan. I bought a plotter and heat press several months back because I wanted to dabble with a t-shirt idea I came up with. A friend showed me how to use the plotter for signs and I was hooked. I set up a small shop in my basement and started doing odd jobs.

I'm to the point where I'm considering leaving my "real job" and focusing on the t-shirts and signs.

If there is anyone who has been in the industry for a while and would be willing to mentor me, I would really appreciate it. I've learned a lot, but there's still a lot about the industry I need to learn.

So if you've been around for awhile and would find some joy in sharing your knowledge with someone just starting out, let me know. I'd really appreciate it! Shoot me a PM or an email.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Eric
ericlott@gmail.com

Jillbeans

Hello Eric.
You should be able to find all you need to know right here, by asking questions and searching the forums.
I just hope your wife isn't a pillar of salt!
:)
Love....Jill

Gordy Saunders

Welcome from Tampa Florida. I am originally from Grand Rapids Michigan. Left the cold cold north about 13 years ago and I have never looked back.

This is a great place to learn - If you become a contributing member all of the forums are open to you. I have been in the business for 37 years now and I still find the price of this site worth every penny, so join up!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

I used to live in Marquette MI back in the mid 70's. Loved the fishing but like the warmth of the south a lot more.

Eric Lott

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I've been absorbing everything I can from the site.

Hey Dale, I don't blame you for getting out of Michigan. Especially Marquette. Brrrrrr!

High Octane, nice to see another Flint area member on here.

Thanks again everyone!

Rhino

My advise: Don't quit your day job. You have a lot to learn and you still need to eat. One day you will be so busy working for yourself that you can't go into work. That's when you should consider quiting working for the man.

Oh, and Howdy from Missouri..

Bill Modzel

Hi from Traverse City. Grew up south of you in West Bloomfield. Mom's still there so
I do get down every now and than.
If you're ever visiting the Cherry Capital, stop on in.