• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie here from upstate New York

Ned

Hi all!

I just stumbled across this forum--seemed like a good group to be a part of, so I decided to register.

I'm a journeyman mason who changed horses in mid-stream. Always had an artistic bent, did some part-time amateurish sign work (cause I thought I could) just to make a little extra money. Enjoyed it, got a little more proficient, and in 1982 left the construction world behind and took over the New York State Conservation Dept. sign shop. Retired from there in '95 and have just been keepin' on "keepin' on".

Soon as I figure out how to do it, I'll post some pic of my work, and I'll probably be asking lots of questions.

prime signs

Welcome.:Welcome: I have met several guys over the years who picked up sign painting after retirement. Some of them were absolutely incredibly talented and it helped fulfill their dreams of self employment after working all those years for the boss man. Look foward to seeing some of your work.

geb

Hi Ned. I have seen this guys portfolio, it's amazing.

Ned, I took over for Butch a few years back when he moved up the ladder. Were still hanging on.

George

Ned

Hi Ned. I have seen this guys portfolio, it's amazing.

Ned, I took over for Butch a few years back when he moved up the ladder. Were still hanging on.

George

Hey George, thanks for the welcome--and the kind words about my portfolio. Still with DEC? and where did Butch go?