• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Here..hello everyone! A Roland SP300 Head Question?

TurboStitches

Hello everyone, I am a Newbie, wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions, not sure if I should post my questions here, any feedback on how the forums work are welcome.

I have been doing embroidery and screen printing and just purchased a used Roland SP300V to add to my business.

I knew it had issues when I bought it, but this is such an impressive machine I can't wait to get it up and running.

So after extensive maintenance and parts replacement I need a new black head, but I am so confused because I see them on ebay much cheaper than my Roland dealer. I am replacing it myself but don't want to buy anything that will cause me more issues, any feedback on this......most say they are genuine in Roland sealed pkg with ranking #??? Any concerns I should be aware of?

If I posted this in the wrong area - sorry. New to this!!

JBusch260

Greetings from Ft Wayne, Indiana!

I run a Mimaki, but one thing I always consider is that when you buy from a dealer, you have a much better guarantee than with eBay. Don't let saving a few bucks cost you more in the long run. Best of luck!

EDIT: typo

Ken

Hello...

Hi, welcome from BC! I run an SP300 and I'm told that head replacement is beyond the scope of the average person, that a tech is required. However, the offer above from VanderJ sounds pretty good. Good luck with it and please let me know how you make out 'cause I prob should be replacing the black head on my machine also. Cheers! Ken

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We dealer with venderj. No problem.

Make sure you not only turn of the machine; but unplug the power cord from the printer. Make sure no ink drops on any of the electronic component parts before you turning back on the machine.

TurboStitches

I did it!

Purchased my new head, plus cap tops and dampers. I replaced the head, cap tops and dampers myself and my machine is working perfect. Thanks for all the feedback on my first thread. Just some advice for anyone who wants it.....Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something! It was not easy and took lots of knowledge, patience and understanding of how this machine works but I did it!

SolitaryT

I wouldn't call myself incompetent by any stretch, but even if you DO know how to replace a head in your printer, I would still have a tech come out and do it, and ask him/her if they mind you watching and asking questions. (As we can all attest, sometimes we HATE when customers look over our shoulders, so I always ASK FIRST.) That way, not only are you learning from someone experienced about your own printer, but you have someone who has the backing of whatever company they're working for, which means if it breaks in a week, you're not high and dry at square one. A little investment up front will save you TONS of money in the long run with printers. If you're really passionate about DYI printer maintenance, get certified as a tech yourself, and then you could even make a little extra cash on the side. ;-)