• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie here: need help with race graphics

bigtime4

Hello to all, our race team is looking into buying a vinyl cutter to do our own graphics. I am needing some info on what we would need and what you all recomend. I think we will need a 30" cutter? Also what programs and any thing else we may need? Thanks for the help in advance.

Flame

Info.... what kind of team? What are you going to be applying the vinyl to? How long do you need it to last?

For general purpose, a 30" cutter w/ CorelDraw and CoCut would work nicely.

bigtime4

Sorry, its a dirt latemodel team and the vinyl will be applied to alum. sheet medal and it will need to last about a year. Although most panels will be replaced with new often. thanks for your help

poboy

We started out with a 30" cutter, CorelDraw, and CoCut. We did that for SEVERAL years before we bought a 54" printer. We did lots of racecars with it & we were fine.
I don't know how much experience you have, but things aren't always as easy as they appear. Good luck to you!

And KEEP RACING!
Hubby and I own a super late model. Hubby won't let me drive though. :tongue:

bigtime4

What brand of cutter do you all suggest? I don't have any experience as for as using the software. Is this stuff extremly hard to use? Tina tell your husband it's your turn to drive. lol Thank alot you guys for the info.

OldPaint

wouldnt it be easier to find a GUY WITH A PLOTTER and offer to put his name on your car if he cuts and applys the vinyl??????))))))

bigtime4

not in this area, next season alone we would have to spend at least $2500.00 to keep good body panels on our car. thats just for the graphics. another thing is we want have the convience of getting it when we want it. this is just another addition we want to make to our race shop.

EnergyDesign

If you broke your tooth would you call a dentist and ask how to repair it yourself, or would you leave it to the pros? 2500 Is a bit high, especially for NUMBERS, SPONSOR DECALS ETC ETC.. I would call several companies and let them quote you over. Make sure they are not quoting you a price for WRAPPING the car, only for "splash" graphics. Trust me, the time it takes to learn the processes involved, could be spent making your car the fastest at the track :thumb: