Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie here, problem with outline corel draw 12

Discussion in 'Corel' started by umbratint, Jan 29, 2006.

1. umbratint

umbratint New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Hi, how would I go about outlining text and then separating outline so it can be cut.
    Also would anybody know any books, links, or cd which would help me learn corel draw 12.

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Your "outline"....

is called a "contour"......select contour from the effects dropdown....a dialog flout will open specifying how much countour you want.....then fron the "arrange" dropdown..."break apart"....this will give you a separate object.
    Also, if you add an outline...."create outline to object" will get you a similar result. You'll have to go to wireframe and delete the inline.

3. umbratint

umbratint New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Got it thanx

4. edwin

edwin Member

Mar 8, 2006
    http://www.ara.org/products/dsp_cat.cfm?prodcatID=13

I have taken this mans class (acually twice) and have seen the video. He knows Corel Draw. This video is probably for version 11 (mabee 12 dont remember) unless he has updated, but I am sure you would learn plenty. If I remember correctly you watch a section (on your computer), pause then reinact what you just learned then continue.

5. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Mastering coreldraw 12 is a cd out there

6. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    book called Coreldraw WOW isn't bad