Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Leondo, May 17, 2005.

1. Leondo

Leondo Member

May 17, 2005
    Hi Everybody,

Im new to the whole sign industry and im sure I will need lots of advice. I just got a 24" cutter and already have requests from people to do stuff for them. I love the creativeness in making signs. I recently got my BA degree in Digital Art and I can do almost anything in graphic design from company identities to websites, interactive cd's to logo vectorization. I am thinking about starting my own graphic design/signs business but have no clue on how to get started, just been mostly freelancing. Maybe someone can give me some advice... Im tired of my current job where they treat me as a digital slave and work terribly long hours with little pay on salary, just today i worked 14 hours
    :0(

I am located in the Tampa, Florida area and look forward to reading your posts and taking in any advice :thumb:

Tags:
  2. rockongraphix

rockongraphix Member

Mar 17, 2005
    :Welcome: 2 :signs101: Leondo

your :help: are ready to be answer here

michael
    Rockongraphix

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Welcome Leondo. What plotter did you select?

4. SteadyBenny

SteadyBenny Verboten

Mar 6, 2005
    Welcome and good luck. I'm not sure if slave work ever ends, but you get used to it!

5. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Hi Leondo welcome.

6. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    :Welcome:

7. Leondo

Leondo Member

May 17, 2005
    Thanks for all the replies, this forum seems more friendly then the other ones ive seen. The plotter I selected is a Master 24". I know I probably shouldnt have bought a cheap cutter but its been working good for now and its a starter until I hopefully make more money out of it. :wink:

8. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Hi Leondo welcome!

9. Leondo

Leondo Member

May 17, 2005
    wow... very deep :thumb:

10. Leondo

Leondo Member

May 17, 2005
    I was wondering if anybody knows a really good wholesale printing company that also does mailing services :help: