Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CuttingEdgeGraphics, Oct 10, 2005.

1. CuttingEdgeGraphics

CuttingEdgeGraphics Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I would just like to start out and say that this site is awesome! I'm new to the vinyl sign business. I currently have a few clients lined up for some work and I need some help on a few things. I've searched and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I'm trying to come up with a pricing sheet for my work. I live in WV, so I thought maybe someone close to or in the state would be able to help me set a price sheet. Also if there are any tips/tricks that I should know before I get started. My Graphtec cutter will be here via UPS today and I want to get started ASAP. Thanks! :thankyou:

Justin
    Cutting Edge Graphics
    cuttingegdegraphic@gmail.com

Tags:
  2. rockongraphix

rockongraphix Member

Mar 17, 2005
    :Welcome: 2 :signs101: justin

check out GraphiXtreme profile , Chirs sell a priceing guide, great for starters.
    i have been able to create my own with mircrosoft works spreadsheet , breaking it down to Sq ft and Sq in for all types of items , Decals to Banners and Diffent types of vinyls .

Michael
    Rockongraphix
    New haven CT

3. Signwinder

Signwinder New Member

Aug 2, 2005
    :Welcome:
    Great to have you! If you are looking for honest opinions and valuable information you came to the right place.

4. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Welcome Justin try purchasing GraphiXtreme's spreadsheet, or there is another one called Estimate software. Basically figure out your cost and mark it up. Generally for cal films charge around $5 sqf and for Cast films charge $8 sqf. Banners are anywhere from $3 to $12 sqf. Or even try calling around to some locals such as Fastsigns etc. and get a quote from them. This way you will deffinitly know if you are in the ball park or not. - Good luck.

5. Git-R-Done

Git-R-Done Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Welcome Justin

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    :Welcome: from Tennessee!

7. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome from Michigan

8. CuttingEdgeGraphics

CuttingEdgeGraphics Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone. I am running Mac OSX Tiger and a Graphtec CE3000-60 Mk2 24" cutter. I'm cutting from Illustrator CS and it seems to be working great. Glad to be on the forum and I can tell I'm going to learn alot. Thanks again.