• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie in Central MIssouri

JEAMMHS

Newbie here, for the last couple days I have been reading alot and looking for tips on vinyl and working with my cutter (CT630) I know its not the best but $350.00 to my door was hard to beat even if it gets me going for 6 mos or so it will be ok. As for business we have an RC Specialty shop and I am just looking for something to do for fun and maybe make a lil personal cash but it seems there are alot of people looking for small decals and stickers, who knows everyone already says open a store.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK
Just because people say you should open a store is not substantial enough to do so. Get the market and do the research before you get into a years lease and other expenses.

Velocity

Welcome from Florida,

Yuppers learn the rules and regulations for your local area and check into any licenses you may need. Lots to think about when running a biz.

Besides when your working for yourself your basically working for a tyrrant. No days off, and until you get established you pretty much wont see a dime. LOL

Have fun and good luck.

high impact

Welcome

Owning a business can be fun and well worth it but usually isn't.

I've started 7 businesses over the last 10 years. 2 have been terrific! 1 has been "ok", 2 have been marginal and the last 2 have been a vacuum sucking money out of my pocket with no ending!

Started 2 non-profits also - 1 failed horribly and the other exploded and is going very strong.

Not every business will go strong - try it and see how it goes - just keep your investment low for the meantime.

What will you regret more for years to come? Not trying at all or trying and failing?

It takes time and lots of hard work to build anything...so get to work. ;-)

JEAMMHS

I already have the 1 lease $250K debt and 6 different licenses hanging on the wall. . . It's all of the people who do not have all that telling me to open a shop. It looks like high impact (Mark) and myself have traveled the same road.
John

tommythesignguy

Welcome from the Crimson Tide! I started with a passion for art in all of it's phases and had a natural talent for recognizing and implementing the things that get noticed. Find your nitch and you can't help but be happy - that doesn't mean that you'll get rich though.