• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie in Delaware here !

OldBess

:Cool 2:
Hi folks....I'm a newbie here from Delaware. I own two business and just bought a Roland Stika STX-8 12" Vinyl Cutter to add to one of my businesses. Actually it will enhance both ! Here's my question. I don't have a clue how the hell to sue this thing. Is there any video's or classes that anyone knows of that I can tap into?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to post ALOT !

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:Cool 2:
Hi folks....I'm a newbie here from Delaware. I own two business and just bought a Roland Stika STX-8 12" Vinyl Cutter to add to one of my businesses. Actually it will enhance both ! Here's my question. I don't have a clue how the hell to sue this thing. Is there any video's or classes that anyone knows of that I can tap into?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to post ALOT !

Welcome from PA and I think you need a lawyer for your problem.... not a sign forum................. LOL

signage

Welcome tp the forums from PA...............

Did you purchase it from a vendor or individual?

Do you have any graphics software and know how to use it?

OldBess

ok, so are you saying that this Roland Stika machine is a piece of crap? Are they problems with this thing that you know of?

OldBess

No I dont have any software or know how to use it. I just know that many people in my business use them and swear by them.

Steve C.

Hi Bess. Sometimes sign people have a problem with non sign people who
buy their own equipment in order to make their own signs, thus bypassing
the sign professional. Maybe someone on here can help you or maybe
you could contact the manufacturer for a manual and or software to run the
machine. I would help if I could, but I know nothing about that machine.
Good luck...

SKADSIGNS

Welcome from another newbie!!! Know nothing about Stika except I was advised to stay away from it as a sign shop as they are pretty basic. You might try calling Beacon Graphics tech department they might help.

Air Art Girl

welcome. You said you have 2 businesses, what are they?
The Stika is not the best but it will be sufficient enough depending on your use. What are you wanting to do with it. And yes, you will need some software to drive it.

S

scarface

a friend of mine uses the 12" stika and has for over a year and he doesn't do alot of vinyl jobs but what he has done it has served him well. Defiantly a hobby cutter as it's advertised i believe. Wouldn't want to be caught doing bulk orders with it of windshield banners or anything.

This is great to start out on and really cheap to buy, i was thinking of getting one for trade shows but my supplier who has free shipping doesn't offer 12" vinyl so it wouldn't be cost effective for me personally

It should have came with some cutting software, unless the seller didn't include it. Let me know and i'll see if my friend is willing to sell his since he just bought flexi and has no use for the stika software. Just PM me because i probably won't check the thread again ;)