• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie In Delaware

OldBess

Hi Folks.....I am a newbie here on this forum.

I just purchased a Roland Stika STX-8 12" Vinyl Cutter and don't have a clue how the hell to use it. I own a Lawn Greeting biz and decided to purchase to personalize my signs for my customers and I also want to do some lettering on my car.

Is there a place where I can take classes? Do they even offer classes on how to use Vinyl Cutters or how to make signs?

I'd appreciate any help I could get here !!! Thanks and hope to hear some feedback on some help soon.

totalimage

Welcome from wet, soaky, windy, stormy, crappy and so on Florida....I cant help you at all. I am trying to be a professional myself.... But my wife has been doing signs for over 17 years now and it seems alot of new shops open in our area always call her for help or art work.....If you cant figure it out or cant find help pm next week and I am sure she will help you...well for 250.00 a hour...lol

Sign_Boy

Welcome from NJ.

Air Art Girl hit the nail on the head.
You might also consider becoming a contributing member here.
There is a ton of good informative stuff on here behind the scenes.

Yes Yes I know I'm not one right now LOL, I'll be back in the mix real soon

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Hello OldBess,

Today is my first day here also. Please educate an old man...
What is a Lawn Greeting Biz? Also do you know the Famous 5th St. Deli?

Thanks!

signage

where did you get the cutter from? Maybe they can help you out. Do you know the difference between raster and vector objects? What software are you using for designing and cutting?

ahollow

Welcome from NJ.

What types of problems are you having? Do you have the right printer cable? What software are you using?

I started with a Stika 15" many years ago. I used Corel 8 and it worked fine.

Let us know, thanks.

Shovelhead

Hi Folks.....I am a newbie here on this forum.

I just purchased a Roland Stika STX-8 12" Vinyl Cutter and don't have a clue how the hell to use it. I own a Lawn Greeting biz and decided to purchase to personalize my signs for my customers and I also want to do some lettering on my car.

Is there a place where I can take classes? Do they even offer classes on how to use Vinyl Cutters or how to make signs?

I'd appreciate any help I could get here !!! Thanks and hope to hear some feedback on some help soon.

How are you supposed to fit a 48" roll of vinyl in there?