• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie in need of laminator info

Danieve

HI Everyone,

Hopefully I'm doing this in the right place.

I'm relatively new to the sign & graphix business. Up to this point I have been outsourcing my printing and now I'm getting ready to order my own equipment. I use Illustrator CS3 for my design & have mostly been doing vinyl lettering/heat transfers for several months now. I'm getting ready to place an order for a Roland VP540 (I currently have a 24" Laserpoint vinyl cutter from USCutter). I think I'm also going to get a Roland GX-24 to use when I'm doing jersey lettering, etc. at the track or events and try to sell the US Cutter. It was a great starting machine for the money I paid for it but I think I'm ready for something more.

I'm not sure what route to go for the laminator. I was at least a 55" so I can laminate anything I can print myself. Since I'm not a really high-volume producer right now I'm leaning toward the Daige Quikmount 4 as opposed to the Seal & Royal Sovereign brands. Maybe there are other brands I should look into?

I could really use some input from those with more experience. I do motorcycle graphics which use a 12 mil laminate. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly approciated.