Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie in need of laminator info

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Danieve, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Danieve

Danieve New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    HI Everyone,

Hopefully I'm doing this in the right place.

I'm relatively new to the sign & graphix business. Up to this point I have been outsourcing my printing and now I'm getting ready to order my own equipment. I use Illustrator CS3 for my design & have mostly been doing vinyl lettering/heat transfers for several months now. I'm getting ready to place an order for a Roland VP540 (I currently have a 24" Laserpoint vinyl cutter from USCutter). I think I'm also going to get a Roland GX-24 to use when I'm doing jersey lettering, etc. at the track or events and try to sell the US Cutter. It was a great starting machine for the money I paid for it but I think I'm ready for something more.

I'm not sure what route to go for the laminator. I was at least a 55" so I can laminate anything I can print myself. Since I'm not a really high-volume producer right now I'm leaning toward the Daige Quikmount 4 as opposed to the Seal & Royal Sovereign brands. Maybe there are other brands I should look into?

I could really use some input from those with more experience. I do motorcycle graphics which use a 12 mil laminate. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly approciated.

2. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Welcome from mid Michigan.

3. DOGraphics

DOGraphics Very Active Member

Aug 9, 2007
    :Welcome: 2 :signs101: