• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie in No Cal.

Firefox

Hello,

My name is Ray. I have been making Signs, Banners, etc. as part of my printing business for a little over 10 years, I've been in the printing/graphics trade over 25 years.

I have been looking for info on upgrading my large format printing to a solvent or eco-solvent type machine and my research lead me to this fine place. I look forward to learning a lot from all that is shared here.

So far I am leaning towards buying a Roland Versa Camm VS-640, most likely configured CMYK/CMYK. (although the white/silver metalic looks tempting) If anyone has comments about this machine please feel free to jump in as I am still looking.

Currently using a 60" HP Designjet 5500PS UV. Getting tired of the limitations of the coated media and the high cost of both ink and media, Hopefully the new machine will not only be more economical to operate but produce a more versatile product and be capable of producing a wider range of products.

Thanks to all!

Ray
Newbie to the site.

tomence

:Welcome: to :signs101:

BTW that is a very good printer and if i would buy it probably would go with the double CMYK configuration.