• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Needs Some help with Onyx

TC Grafix

Hi this is my first post, and I need some help installing Onyx 6. Theres about 10 CD's here, A USB Key, a User Manual that supplies no help in installing this. Does anyone know which CD I insert first or is there instructions somewhere. Onyxgrfx.com doesnt help with anything under 6.5 anymore. I also have a CD to update it to 6.5.

Typestries

Share some more info for more help- the machine and OS you are running an the printer you intend to print to - you may get more responses.

First, you have to install the HASP drivers. Go to onyx and get the most recent hasp driver, as your old CDs probably don't have them. Make sure you have XP (or under), as 6 wont run on vista. My discs have numbers 1-? on them, start with #1 or whichever one is not labeled additional printer drivers.

You'll probably want to run onyx autoupdate or download the update package once you have 6 installed. Hopefully, your key supports the printer you want to run. Good luck!

TC Grafix

o. Well the printer im going to be using is a Mutoh VJ 1204 48". Its not here yet though. And the cutter is a Vinyl Express 60". How much does it cost to go from 6.5 to 7? And thanks for the quick replies:thumb:

Hotspur

You probably have to upgrade to v7

Hi

The printer was launched some time after your software.

Thus you will not have the VJ driver on your dongle.

If Onyx built driver for this printer for v6/6.5, you can pay to get the permission added to the dongle via an email update file and can download the driver from the web.

However in your case I'm pretty sure they didn't build a 6 or 6.5 driver for the VJ and thus v7 is the only way you can run the printer.

Good luck!