• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie on resolution

carolinafalls

Is there anyone in the Asheville, NC area that I could sit down with and they could help help a newbie out. Or information on a good workflow for print resolution from PS, IL to a versa camm SP300V.

1. making a 1X7" decal what res and setting to use for PS
2. what do you save it out as (eps, tiff, jpeg?)
3. Best way to bring it into IL or Corel to add text
4. what setting to save it as for the SP300 to get a good print from Il and Corel.

Here is what I need to know the steps for to get a high quality print. I am making 1" x 7" decals I am needing to put diamond plate, carbon fiber, or flag fills and others, you get the idea. then add flames to some and text to some and so on. (see atached) then take it from PS to Il (or should I just stay in PS?)

Thanks guys I know this should be cut and dry but my images coming out of PS do not look the best.

Allen

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 75

WRAPS

usually your first post you should introduce yourself in new member area.since they are so small id say a high resolution in ps

WRAPS

what do the prints look like?

can you post pics?usually for larger prints you can go lower resolution.but for little things like this you should keep the res high so you can see the detail in the graphics.if you're experiencing "dark prints".you probably need some icc profiles,color calibration,etc.its a big learnig curve ahead so buckle down and get ready.as i too am still new to all this and it is definately alot tougher than i anticipated.
good luck.

wrapgraphics

try this

start a new document in Photoshop
@ 150 dpi at full size.
create your design then save as JPEG.
then in illustrator use the File -place command.
create a path for cutting then save as EPS
Versaworks loves these files.
hope this helps

Last edited: