• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie question about T-shirt printing

NitroTech

Hello All,

I have a customer asking me if its possible to have a graphic printed on a T-shirt that goes across the front and continues to wrap around the back. We don't print T-shirts and a local screen printer told my customer all he can do is a 12"x12" graphic.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks in advance! :smile:

WildWestDesigns

What does the design look like? Does it have breaks in the pattern? I don't do screen printing on shirts, but I have done some dye sub work that was bigger then what I would be able to do in one press, but the pattern had breaks so I was able to do a bigger graphic it just took multiple presses.

Locals Find!

Hello All,

I have a customer asking me if its possible to have a graphic printed on a T-shirt that goes across the front and continues to wrap around the back. We don't print T-shirts and a local screen printer told my customer all he can do is a 12"x12" graphic.

What your asking for is possible. Its a unique process that not all screenprinters are equipped for. I know that atlas screenprint and embroidery is a Trade Only screenprinter and embroiderer that has the capability.

NitroTech

I haven't seen the graphics. I'll try to get it so you guys can see what they are looking for. Thanks for the help so far. At least I know its possible and will have a answer for my customer. :smile:

jiarby

Sometimes those are printed on the roll of fabric first and then cut & sewn.

If the shirt is already sewn then you can do it on a belt printer, BUT you then have to flash the 1st side, then flip the shirt over and deal with registration to do the back side.
Not an easy thing, and easy to mess up. It is helpful if the design is forgiving in regards to registration.

PromoGuyTy

Sometimes those are printed on the roll of fabric first and then cut & sewn.

If the shirt is already sewn then you can do it on a belt printer, BUT you then have to flash the 1st side, then flip the shirt over and deal with registration to do the back side.
Not an easy thing, and easy to mess up. It is helpful if the design is forgiving in regards to registration.

+1

bornover

Hello All,

For this type of printing it is all about the screen size and pallet. You need a printer with a press able to do jumbo or all-over prints. They also need pallets that can accommodate the placement you want on the garment.

The shirt would be placed on the pallet sideways with the sleeve up and out of the way. The most you can get is near the center on one side to near the center on the other side. Any more and the garment will be deformed along with the print when removed from the pallet. I have done a few designs with wrap around prints my self.

Dave Drane

My bet is that theasy way would be to print the fabric and have it sewn after. I have seen it done with flowers on Hawaiaan design shirts.

Gene@mpls

What your asking for is possible. Its a unique process that not all screenprinters are equipped for. I know that atlas screenprint and embroidery is a Trade Only screenprinter and embroiderer that has the capability.

I goggled that name and only came up with Atlas Emb & screen- not
a trade only. More details please? Thanks Gene