• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Question from an old dog...regarding Dry Erasable substrates...

Master's Touch

Just never encountered this before. Can you you use a Dry erase marker on Regular clear acrylic? If so great, if not, is there a substrate you'd suggest? This is for in room hospital signage.

thanks!

JBusch260

We've used glass before. I wouldn't suggest acrylic because you don't know what they'll be cleaning it with. High percentage rubbing alcohol will not mix well with it over time. They do make dry erase laminates. Would that be something that would help your project?

Master's Touch

hmm. I have some dry erase laminate...long term though I wonder how well it will hold up...in the past repeated use has caused it to lose it's effectiveness. Is there not an acrylic or lexan product that wouldn't require a laminate?

'

mark galoob

wet erase works on regular lam. it works well we have project boards that are 5 yrs old laminated w/ oracal lam, and use wet erase regularly with no problems...dry erase will not work at all with it.

mark galoob

John Butto

Nice find on the clear acrylic marker board Mr White, will be purchasing some of that for a project coming up!