• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Newbie questions - need to identify 24 inch cutting plotter

johne

I recently purchased an older 24 inch plotter with serial cable/usb adapter to do small jobs for myself. Unfortunately, other than Master as a brand name (which may or may not be correct), I have no idea of a model to go out and find a driver that will work with it. There are no identifying marks, labels, anything to even give me a clue. Here are a couple of pictures:

plot2.JPG
plot1.JPG

When I search for master plotter drivers I ultimately end up on the same website that wants my credit card information (even though they won't charge me - right).

At this point I just want to get it up and running and learn a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions for a real newbie on how to get the correct driver for it?

The only software that came with it was vinylmaster pro 2.50 on a cd - no drivers anywhere on the disc.

Thanks in advance for any help figuring this thing out :)

timgo

Graphics Designer
Drivers of this cutter allready included with vinylmaster pro 2.50 on a cd. No CD driver needed.
Install software and try to find the name of your cutter.

jriley

Are there no stickers anywhere on it? Where does it have the Master brand name on it? Can we see that? Did you look under the plotter? Some plotters have their Model/Serial number stuck on the flat underside of the machine. Any stickers at all with numbers, codes, bar codes, dates, specs, anything? Did the seller tell you where he bought it from?

timgo

Graphics Designer
Are there no stickers anywhere on it? Where does it have the Master brand name on it? Can we see that? Did you look under the plotter? Some plotters have their Model/Serial number stuck on the flat underside of the machine. Any stickers at all with numbers, codes, bar codes, dates, specs, anything? Did the seller tell you where he bought it from?

Install vinylmaster pro 2.50 then you get a list of all brand and model cutters, choose one by one and install the drive. Start vinylmaster pro 2.50 and see if you have the right installed, otherwise try installing the other brand.

timgo

Graphics Designer

Install vinylmaster pro 2.50 then you get a list of all brand and model cutters, choose one by one and install the drive. Start vinylmaster pro 2.50 and see if you have the right install otherwise try installing the other brand.

Winylmaster pro 2.50 is compatible with Windiws XP. What is your Windows version?

visual800

that looks like a vinyl express poltter from the early 90s. I bought one from signwarehouse and it was an awesome machine BUT had to sell it because of the connections...if you flip on its backside and unscrew the door on bottom off it should identify the plotter