Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Newbie questions - need to identify 24 inch cutting plotter

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by johne, Oct 23, 2018.

1. johne

johne New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    canada
    I recently purchased an older 24 inch plotter with serial cable/usb adapter to do small jobs for myself. Unfortunately, other than Master as a brand name (which may or may not be correct), I have no idea of a model to go out and find a driver that will work with it. There are no identifying marks, labels, anything to even give me a clue. Here are a couple of pictures:

plot2.JPG plot1.JPG

When I search for master plotter drivers I ultimately end up on the same website that wants my credit card information (even though they won't charge me - right).

At this point I just want to get it up and running and learn a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions for a real newbie on how to get the correct driver for it?

The only software that came with it was vinylmaster pro 2.50 on a cd - no drivers anywhere on the disc.

Thanks in advance for any help figuring this thing out :)

Tags:
  2. timgo

timgo Graphics Designer

Aug 20, 2016
    Delft
    Drivers of this cutter allready included with vinylmaster pro 2.50 on a cd. No CD driver needed.
    Install software and try to find the name of your cutter.

3. jriley

jriley Member

Jul 15, 2014
    California
    Are there no stickers anywhere on it? Where does it have the Master brand name on it? Can we see that? Did you look under the plotter? Some plotters have their Model/Serial number stuck on the flat underside of the machine. Any stickers at all with numbers, codes, bar codes, dates, specs, anything? Did the seller tell you where he bought it from?

4. timgo

timgo Graphics Designer

Aug 20, 2016
    Delft
    Install vinylmaster pro 2.50 then you get a list of all brand and model cutters, choose one by one and install the drive. Start vinylmaster pro 2.50 and see if you have the right installed, otherwise try installing the other brand.

5. timgo

timgo Graphics Designer

Aug 20, 2016
    Delft
    Install vinylmaster pro 2.50 then you get a list of all brand and model cutters, choose one by one and install the drive. Start vinylmaster pro 2.50 and see if you have the right install otherwise try installing the other brand.

Winylmaster pro 2.50 is compatible with Windiws XP. What is your Windows version?

6. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    that looks like a vinyl express poltter from the early 90s. I bought one from signwarehouse and it was an awesome machine BUT had to sell it because of the connections...if you flip on its backside and unscrew the door on bottom off it should identify the plotter

7. Pippin Decals

Pippin Decals Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Ca.
    Did you figure it out?