• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie wide format printer vs Famous Artist Illustrator, printer, graphic designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodion3028

Are you dismissing my comments cause I'm a no body, I dont think so, I'm not a dog on a leash here just to give you an example.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
woah... meltdown crisis on the 101 forums.. Dude... if you're so sick of this rubbish.. go to the employment office, find you a job, and sell your equipment. You dont have a partnership. You're being used. And its not even working out for the designer who is taking advantage of you because you have nothing to take advantage of. He has probably dismissed you until results are seen. Or he has the same agreement with a few other naive chumps.. Also, define FAMOUS illustrator/designer. If they were truly famous, your production would be the last of their interests. Tried and truly famous designers only use the best or the best for them when doing their print work.

Do your homework. Be patient. And sure as hell dont blow up because someone didnt reaffirm the terrible ideas you're wanting confirmation for. Get a written contract going if you're honestly serious about this venture. Everything must be in writing.. I dont f@rt unless its contracted. You couldn't use a cell phone pic of mine without the proper leasing. Do you need someone to $hit on your shoes for you to realize your moves stink?

genericname

Tried and truly famous designers only use the best or the best for them when doing their print work.

+1

"Famous" designers/illustrators already have a legion of tried and true suppliers, and never hook up with new meat. That is not a dig at you; it's just the state of the game. You're either being manipulated by someone who has ill intent, or you're being manipulated by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Get it in writing, or fire him.

Billct2

If these posts are indicative of your communication skills you really need to rethink your business. Writing a business plan and contracts is essential to success with the type of venture you are describing.
But u guys r saying get one I say too hard.
And I say this attitude will result in failure.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
i want to know who your "famous" designer is. I can guarantee my months pay that this designer is neither famous, nor very experienced in his craft just based on the suggestions he gave you. To me, it sounds like the whole operation is amateur at best. Contracts too hard. Conflicting suggestions. No direction or model for product. I mean, what are you even theoretically selling?

In my opinion if you have no media, no jobs, and no business goals; then you have no business. Sell your equipment to an enthusiast or hobbyist. Someone who will get some actual use out of the stuff. You cant run a business on samples bro.

rodion3028

It's pretty hard to listen to your guys suggestions man.
I'm not being stubborn or anything but how does this sound partnership don't work they either end in conflict and disagreement and so on and so on.

So you are suggesting I become pro, newbs stay newbs, pros advance not to be against u but you got to hate the pro cause they advance and newbs don't.

I think that since you more or less asked this same question (about media choice) about 2 months ago, and you still have no jobs should be a huge red flag..

If either of you are interested in doing the job of getting clients and sales, hire a sales person to get some work for both you and your designer. How are you making a living now without any sales?

i want to know who your "famous" designer is. I can guarantee my months pay that this designer is neither famous, nor very experienced in his craft just based on the suggestions he gave you. To me, it sounds like the whole operation is amateur at best. Contracts too hard. Conflicting suggestions. No direction or model for product. I mean, what are you even theoretically selling?

In my opinion if you have no media, no jobs, and no business goals; then you have no business. Sell your equipment to an enthusiast or hobbyist. Someone who will get some actual use out of the stuff. You cant run a business on samples bro.

JBusch260

So you are suggesting I become pro, newbs stay newbs, pros advance not to be against u but you got to hate the pro cause they advance and newbs don't.

"Newbs" stay "newbs" by not listening and accepting the advice of the pros. They're good at what they do for a reason. Learn from mistakes and continue forth educated.

sardocs

Oy vey indeed! Rodion, I just checked out your website. It's written in the same jibberish as your posts. Good luck with your partnership.

Vinylman

Rodion 3028

I just looked up your "so called" Web site.

OUCH!

That site is a disaster.
It is a cheap template that has NOTHING worth reading or following to lead a company or person to consider having you or your designer pal do any work for them.

You are representing yourself here on Signs 101 as a "newb" Sign Company operator.

Your web site shows a 4 color PRINTING PRESS, and a 4 color proof system for the same type of PRINTING business.

Get your self a decent [properly designed] web site. Till then, take that joke of a web site down to save yourself further embarrassment.

Sorry to be so brutal, but you need more help at this time the the "pros" on this site can afford to invest in you.

Haakon

Yeah, you really nailed who stands out like idiots in this thread...

My empathy is for the "famous designer" who has to put up with this nonsense on a daily basis face to face.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Yeah, you really nailed who stands out like idiots in this thread...

My empathy is for the "famous designer" who has to put up with this nonsense on a daily basis face to face.

they dont work face to face... the designer is calling the shots via email. He's also probably 14. and FAMOUS! gtfoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.