• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie with a cutting problem

grinder

I just got my first job for my Roand SP540V. I have to print and cut 200 stickers. I am having problems creating a cutting path around the logo in Coreldraw. Can anyone help?

Mainframe

I can help what do you need to know? Are you using versaworks? & what design program are you using? oh I see Corel, are you using versaworks?

Mosh

You need to create a cut conture. Make a custom outline color and name it cutcontour. Then anything you want cut use this on it. In versaworks it will look like "marching ants"

I am at the farm, so I think this is how you spell it! Do a search on here I am sure this will be answered. Bottoms up!

Mosh

That is it! cutcon...what he said.....

Like I said I am at the farm, and it is almost 10, so ...you guys know the rest!

Mosh

Then this should solve the problem. In versa, make sure you have the cutting turned on in the set-up. Or if you are printing then laming then cutting be sure to turn on the algin marks, print only lam then cut only. SIMPLE!

Let's reveiw. Load film, print only (with aliagn marks), laminate, re-load film, cut. Weed, tape apply. Be sure to let the print air out for an hour or 24 before laminating and cutting. 1-24 hours, this is a hot debate. I have done both, the more ink coverage, the longer I wait. Of course if you are in a hurry.....

Moosher OUT!

Mosh

Here is another tip. If you shoot a coon in your yard be sure it is dead. Last night I shot a racoon off my porch and tossed it out in the waterway. Well that SOB crawled up under my deck and yelped all night. Finish the job, or you will be kept up by a coon all night!