Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with a cutting problem

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by grinder, Sep 27, 2010.

1. grinder

grinder Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I just got my first job for my Roand SP540V. I have to print and cut 200 stickers. I am having problems creating a cutting path around the logo in Coreldraw. Can anyone help?

Tags:
  2. Mainframe

Mainframe Very Active Member

I can help what do you need to know? Are you using versaworks? & what design program are you using? oh I see Corel, are you using versaworks?

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    You need to create a cut conture. Make a custom outline color and name it cutcontour. Then anything you want cut use this on it. In versaworks it will look like "marching ants"

I am at the farm, so I think this is how you spell it! Do a search on here I am sure this will be answered. Bottoms up!

4. Mainframe

Mainframe Very Active Member

CutContour is how it is spelled in my swatch

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    That is it! cutcon...what he said.....

Like I said I am at the farm, and it is almost 10, so ...you guys know the rest!

6. grinder

grinder Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I'm using Coreldraw & Versaworks

7. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Then this should solve the problem. In versa, make sure you have the cutting turned on in the set-up. Or if you are printing then laming then cutting be sure to turn on the algin marks, print only lam then cut only. SIMPLE!

Let's reveiw. Load film, print only (with aliagn marks), laminate, re-load film, cut. Weed, tape apply. Be sure to let the print air out for an hour or 24 before laminating and cutting. 1-24 hours, this is a hot debate. I have done both, the more ink coverage, the longer I wait. Of course if you are in a hurry.....

Moosher OUT!

8. grinder

grinder Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Thank Mosh, very helpful

9. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Here is another tip. If you shoot a coon in your yard be sure it is dead. Last night I shot a racoon off my porch and tossed it out in the waterway. Well that SOB crawled up under my deck and yelped all night. Finish the job, or you will be kept up by a coon all night!

10. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    My father in law shot a lynx and threw it in the back seat of the car. You can imagine what happened when it awoke. Ooops.