• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

newbie ? yes on helmet decals again......

ekpolo23

So I run a sports memorabilia business, and we do some custom work on items. i own a roland gx-24 only cause I needed to save space and it cuts my twill for jersey numbers great. What I am looking to get into is the most cost effective way to make helmet decals for mini and full size football and baseball helmets. We do custom dipped helmets and sometimes use reconditioned riddell and shutt helmets. The problem we have is getting good decals to finish them off and complete the item that then gets autographed and sold. With that said I can't just buy decals of ebay there is far to little of selection, also we do custom photo-shopped decals for 9-11 and military tributes mixed in with the standard logo. So with that said am I stuck buying the gerber fx, and a lam. machine? FOR LIKE 15K , or is there another way to design print and cut these. They are back printed on the clear vinyl then printed over with white , and the gerber is one of the few machines that prints white. I did look at an old Alps machine, but they are discontinued. Just looking for advice here , thanks , and I enjoy reading the posts and learning. A lot of people on here have some real talents..

Eric

Pat Whatley

I'm curious, what are you going to be printing on that's going to require white ink? Everything you mentioned can be printed on white vinyl, I would think.

jeff412

Print on White Vinyl

I agree with Pat. We do helmet decals all the time and just print them on white vinyl.

Jeff

So with that said am I stuck buying the gerber fx, and a lam. machine? FOR LIKE 15K , or is there another way to design print and cut these.

Could you not outsource them? It sounds like you don't do enough of these to justify buying the equipment. Unless I'm missing something...because it could also possibly open up many new markets for you.

rjssigns

I'm more curious of how you get around the copyright issues. I assume you're doing mini helmets with NFL logos, yes?