Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hottscennessey, Sep 27, 2013.

1. hottscennessey

hottscennessey New Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Richmond, Virginia
    Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums a few weeks and figured I'd drop some information about myself.

I'm from Virginia, and picked up a Designjet 5500UV about a year ago as an introduction to wide format printing. The machine needed a bit of work to get it operational, but with some help from this forum, and Google I was successful, and learned a fair amount along the way.

Owning a retail store, I found myself selling mostly outdoor banners. The media was costly, and I found a liquid lamination was the best fit to protect the banners from the elements... adding additional cost.

I decided to looks at solvent printers when I came across an affordable HP Designjet 9000s. I know what a nightmare these machines can be to someone new, and without any sort of mechanical ability. Luckily, I am eager to learn and posses a decent amount of mechanical ability.

I was able to restore the print heads that had clogged nozzles, and get my old and frustrating Wasatch Soft-rip 5.3 printing.

I come here to do some more research on medias, Rip software, and lamination. Hopefully I will get this machine making me some money, and document my findings for someone else!

Tags:
  2. SignBurst PCs

SignBurst PCs Very Active Member

Welcome to Signs101 from SignBurst Graphic Design Computers.

3. thesignexpert

thesignexpert Active Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Welcome to a great forum from Ohio :Welcome:

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    welcome from cali :thumb:

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA..........................

6. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from OK

:Welcome: to :signs101:

7. JBusch260

JBusch260 Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Welcome from Ft Wayne, Indiana!