Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Amazing Designs, May 19, 2006.

1. Amazing Designs

Amazing Designs New Member

May 19, 2006
    We are a local sign shop in Lewisburg, TN. We have been doing vinyl for 10 yrs and printing for about 7 months.

We are struggling with people not understanding that if we do there signs we can do logo design, printing, decals, etc. It seems like the people around here just can't comprehend that we are like a Graphics firm along with a sign shop.

Any Tips!

Tags:
  2. sullosau

sullosau Active Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Advertise it in local papers, flyers , all over your vehicle, comapny shirts, on your place of business,
    failing that hire someone in the street to go tell everyone!

Steve
    ok so that doesnt help :)

3. Amazing Designs

May 19, 2006
    I have advertised til we have almost went broke!

It seems like the people we do get is by word of mouth!

Thanks for the tips!

4. sullosau

sullosau Active Member

Sep 8, 2005
    word of mouth is a great and free form of advertising, although I have webpage, nearly all of my work is word of mouth, and being in the right place at the right time and opening said mouth :)
    Could at a last resort hire someone with a schooll bell and shout it like the old town sprukers of ye ole times!
    Steve

5. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

Welcome

Hey brother.....welcome to not only this board (from a new guy too) but to the Sign Industry as it has always been. This stigma you speak of started out about 150 years ago in this country when the "sign painters" did the wallpapering and "design" work as well.....and then most times got paid off with cases of wine or whiskey. :tongue:

Now, I know that it has slowly changed a bit but we, as graphics people, just have to keep plugging away at charging the "big bucks" for our design work. And afterall, since there's not a lot of hand painted artistry going on anymore in our field, the only thing LEFT is the DESIGN WORK~!~! Hello PEOPLE !!!!

:Welcome:

~Gear

6. Amazing Designs

May 19, 2006
    My mom has been a hand painter since she was 15 and I still airbrush and do murals. When needed. I LOVE IT! Today most people want computer graphics.
    The truck on my signature was my first all over paint job, and I hand did the flames then scanned them and made a mask. The rest is hand pinstriped and airbrushed.

Some people don't like the fact that I masked the flames, but this guy wanted it exact on both sides. THat is the blessing of a computer!

7. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    Bonjour de Montréal, 'Phil:4:13' :)

8. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome

9. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Welcome to the group.

10. nodrenim

nodrenim Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Welcome aboard! After 46 years in this crazy, wonderful world of signs, I hear what you are saying. Word of mouth is your best advertising. You might try putting "Complete Sign and Design Service" on your business cards. I could write a book on the questions I've heard regarding what I do. The best of luck to you.