• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Amazing Designs

We are a local sign shop in Lewisburg, TN. We have been doing vinyl for 10 yrs and printing for about 7 months.

We are struggling with people not understanding that if we do there signs we can do logo design, printing, decals, etc. It seems like the people around here just can't comprehend that we are like a Graphics firm along with a sign shop.

Any Tips!

sullosau

Advertise it in local papers, flyers , all over your vehicle, comapny shirts, on your place of business,
failing that hire someone in the street to go tell everyone!

Steve
ok so that doesnt help :)

sullosau

word of mouth is a great and free form of advertising, although I have webpage, nearly all of my work is word of mouth, and being in the right place at the right time and opening said mouth :)
Could at a last resort hire someone with a schooll bell and shout it like the old town sprukers of ye ole times!
Steve

Geary

Welcome

Hey brother.....welcome to not only this board (from a new guy too) but to the Sign Industry as it has always been. This stigma you speak of started out about 150 years ago in this country when the "sign painters" did the wallpapering and "design" work as well.....and then most times got paid off with cases of wine or whiskey. :tongue:

Now, I know that it has slowly changed a bit but we, as graphics people, just have to keep plugging away at charging the "big bucks" for our design work. And afterall, since there's not a lot of hand painted artistry going on anymore in our field, the only thing LEFT is the DESIGN WORK~!~! Hello PEOPLE !!!!

:Welcome:

~Gear

Amazing Designs

My mom has been a hand painter since she was 15 and I still airbrush and do murals. When needed. I LOVE IT! Today most people want computer graphics.
The truck on my signature was my first all over paint job, and I hand did the flames then scanned them and made a mask. The rest is hand pinstriped and airbrushed.

Some people don't like the fact that I masked the flames, but this guy wanted it exact on both sides. THat is the blessing of a computer!

nodrenim

Welcome aboard! After 46 years in this crazy, wonderful world of signs, I hear what you are saying. Word of mouth is your best advertising. You might try putting "Complete Sign and Design Service" on your business cards. I could write a book on the questions I've heard regarding what I do. The best of luck to you.