• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newby question

Kristin

Hi,

I have created a logo in Illustrator CS3 and have made it Outlines, have saved it as a Version 8 and 'wolla' I have cut it, HOWEVER, when I have gone to weed it, I find I have not got it all welded together.

Is anyone able to tell me what step I have missed out, and how I should achieve it.

Kind regards
Kristin

Attachments

• LogoUnwelded.doc
    161.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Kristin

Thank you for your quick response. I have uploaded a screen dump of the logo. Hope that assists you to help me. Thank you.

G

gps-hi

If the lines show represent your cut lines the you can easily see that there is overlap which means cut through will happen.

Try this... in the Window menu open up Pathfinder and stay in the Pathfinder X tab. With the overlapping text objects select, click welded looking icon (Add to shape area), then click Expand to execute the welding operation.

GB2

Old Member
Go to Pathfinder/Merge to connect all the letters or "weld" them so that you can cut them in vinyl