• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

news letters and specials

davidcarr87

How many out there run monthly news letters and monthly specials?
We started running newsletter/specials last month, (email) and did not get anyone that wanted to order anything of course we only had 6 customers actually sign up for the news letter (just customers we were doing jobs at the time the n/l sent out)

so ya..how many of you otu there do this? do you make the news letter yourself?

do you use a service? do you use html or attach as a pdf?

Edserv

We run occasional monthly emails, but have not hit a "home run" by any means. I think our industry is timed to "need now." This is great because you don't need to run any discounts. Our next monthly email is going to be a "tips" email about marketing, with no "special."
The email tag line is going to say: "Boo"
(For Halloween) and will be a quick tip about how to increase traffic by placing a Halloween sale banner effectively. We're also going to offer a "free banner" to the first five respondents to the email. And that's it. The purpose of email marketing is (for us) keeping our name, number, and info in front of our customers.
thanksl
Edserv / Lets go Banners

Craig Sjoquist

There was a sign co that printed out a newsletter type thing for the community had alot of good tips for businesses and other community info, I rather enjoy reading it and was asked to get more info about it but the sign shop moved or closed and not seen the newsletter since it's a shame cause it was a nice deal for the community and to advertise in also.

Sparky

Rather than email, try something a little faster. We run "specials" through our twitter and usually post scraps that we can turn into something or blemmed stuff that we would just throw away, instead our special gets it sold. Of course if you don't have twitter, you will need to build a follower base, but you can get a couple dozen pretty quick.

binki

we use twitter but have been considering other methods that may cost money. right now we cannot keep up so paid advertising is not an option. for any advertising we will only consider targeted ads so they must either be customers or ones we think will be customers.