• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Next gen latex.

Does anybody have any ideas or heard any rumors about the release date of next HP latex series? We have an L26500 that's on it's last leg (thankfully) and needs replacing. I would much prefer to get the next series rather than getting a 560 and have it outdated in just a few months (not that it wouldn't still be a great printer).

bigben

Does anybody have any ideas or heard any rumors about the release date of next HP latex series? We have an L26500 that's on it's last leg (thankfully) and needs replacing. I would much prefer to get the next series rather than getting a 560 and have it outdated in just a few months (not that it wouldn't still be a great printer).

I'm in the same boat. My L26500 run great but since all consumable will be discontinued next april, I was hopping the the same thing. I heard the next gen would maybe have white ink to compete with the mimaki UCJV series. But it is just a rumor.

If HP Stays on pace, it will be announced around March and released by October of next year.

That is good to know. I hope they will be on the same pace.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm in the same boat. My L26500 run great but since all consumable will be discontinued next april, I was hopping the the same thing. I heard the next gen would maybe have white ink to compete with the mimaki UCJV series. But it is just a rumor.

That is good to know. I hope they will be on the same pace.
If HP follows suit with previous releases you will see a less capable version of the R series. Most likely not a hybrid, but with the advanced inkset and white in one of the versions. Possibly with the newer curing modules too.

Gabil

Gary
560/570 would satisfy 99% of any shop’s need so I would not naively follow rumors and blindly wait for possible Latex remodification. Just list the number of requirements of what you expect from the printer and if current available series answers your question then I would buy it. I would say even 360 way better than the one you have.

Christian @ 2CT Media

560/570 would satisfy 99% of any shop’s need so I would not naively follow rumors and blindly wait for possible Latex remodification. Just list the number of requirements of what you expect from the printer and if current available series answers your question then I would buy it. I would say even 360 way better than the one you have.
Till you buy one and then 2 months later a more capable machine is released for roughly the same price. If you have a working machine that is making money and no immediate rush to upgrade why not wait it out a few months? The 3 and 5 series aren't going anywhere and HP most likely won't have any deals they will miss out on since October was HPs EOY. Since this is already a new fiscal year, HP has no incentive to drop prices and boost sales.

Gabil

Gary
Till you buy one and then 2 months later a more capable machine is released for roughly the same price. If you have a working machine that is making money and no immediate rush to upgrade why not wait it out a few months? The 3 and 5 series aren't going anywhere and HP most likely won't have any deals they will miss out on since October was HPs EOY. Since this is already a new fiscal year, HP has no incentive to drop prices and boost sales.

wait for what? How do you know HP even plans to upgrade Latex? :) Living in the world of guessing is like waiting for a messia.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Because HP has held a very specific cadence over the last 10+ years of Latex Tech. A company of the magnitude of HP keeps a pattern for profits sake. Their 5 series is now long in the tooth and they need to boost bottom line by releasing new skus and new consumables.

They are pretty regular when it comes to releases, year 1 is industrial year 2 is commercial. 18/19 was the R series so now is time for the new commercial machine.

thomlov

Latex flatbed was already released as a new generation, with white ink, lower temperature (?), and some other improvements that the 560 doesn't have.
Also the 560 as the last generation of small roll to rolls is already a few years old, and it's expected that HP will follow up with a new machine that will make them more competitive. The 560 is already old technology in todays fast pacing technology advancing market, and there is other technologies that is coming up close or even passing the latex in speed and usability for the small/medium sign marked customer. If HP want to keep their marked lead, it's just expected that a new machine is right around the corner.

We do also have a 360 (and yes, it's miles ahead of the 26500) which is why we're willing and able to wait a little while if there's going to a new model out soon. The L26500 is still trudging along when we need it to, but the Maintenance Kit 3 is at 87% and I'm sure as hell not putting any more money into it since they're ending ink and printhead production next year.

Last edited: