• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NFL Championship games

southpawP8NTR

Some friends of mine left today for New Orleans (seats behind the uprights). Staying right off Bourbon St., can only imagine that party if "WHO DAT" wins.

Si Allen

8 things that will happen if the Saints make it to the Super Bowl

If that should happen, New Orleans is likely to explode into a chaotic revelry unlike anything the city has ever seen before. Add in the fact that we'll be in the midst of Mardi Gras during the game and it's almost scary to think what could go down here on February 7, 2010 if the Saints are in Miami.

Here are some things we might see:

1. Alcohol shortages: All groceries, convenience stores and drug stores within a 100 mile radius of New Orleans will completely sell out of beer, wine and liquor. If the Saints make the Super Bowl, you should stock up at least a week in advance otherwise you'll be stuck with soda and water.

2. Extreme noise: The sounds of 1.13 million cheering fans in metro New Orleans will reach more than 500 decibels. Hundreds of thousands of stomping feet will create shockwaves and tremors as far away as Houston and Atlanta.

3. Regional smoke screen and CO2 emissions: Smoke from barbecue pits, fireworks and bonfires will create a 250-mile long cloud in the sky that will be seen from satellites and on Google Earth. Tens of thousands of residents will boil seafood in their backyards and CO2 emissions from the burning propane tanks will create a hole in the ozone above New Orleans.

4. Total gridlock: The crowds of people trying to get to the French Quarter will back up traffic all the way to Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. If you're driving in from the east, you'll likely have to park somewhere on Judge Perez in Chalmette and walk the rest of the way. The line to get into Pat O'Brien's will end somewhere in the Marigny and the spillover from Bourbon Street will run all the way to Decatur.

5. The city will use parking tickets to fund Nagin's world travels: The City of New Orleans Parking Enforcement will mark the day on the calendar and send out busloads of meter maids to issue thousands of tickets to those having a good time downtown. They'll use the proceeds to send Mayor Nagin on a luxury 13-day cruise down the Nile followed by a jaunt into space with Richard Branson.

6. New Orleans will put out 3 more port-o-lets: In response to the massive crowds, the city will put 3 more port-o-lets for a grand total of 12. This will increase ratio of toilets-to-people to an impressive 1 toilet per 24,000 visitors. The wait time to pee in the French Quarter will drop from five hours to only three.

7. Who Dat migration: Thousands of vehicles, mostly Chevy Silverados with fleur de lis stickers in the back windows, will make the trip down I-10 then head south on I-75 and I-95 to Miami. "Who Dat!" will be heard at dozens of gas stations along the way which will also subsequently sell out of Bud Light. Much of the 862 miles of interstate between New Orleans and Miami will be littered with beer cans and chicken bones.

8. Thousands of televisions will need to be replaced: Country folk Who Dats on the north shore and in wooded areas surrounding New Orleans will shoot out their televisions in excitement.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bigwebman

Cool vid. Johnny Cash tune. Joe Buck still on bass then. Seen him twice. Never got in the pit though. I think it will be the Vikings and Colts too, btw. Plan on camping out in front of the tv tomorrow........Wife won't be too happy about it, oh well......