• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NFL Refs...

qmr55

Replacement refs? What a joke....

I don't even know what to say about this after they stole one from my team tonight. Utter shock.

showcase 66

This explains it!

Attachments

• refs.jpg
    refs.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 60

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Did anybody see the last play in Seattle tonight? They disregarded offensive pass interference and ruled a Packer interception was a Seahawks touchdown when it clearly was not ... giving the win to Seattle.

I think it's time for the commissioner to knuckle under and pay the professional refs what they want.

SignosaurusRex

Did anybody see the last play in Seattle tonight? They disregarded offensive pass interference and ruled a Packer interception was a Seahawks touchdown when it clearly was not ... giving the win to Seattle.

I think it's time for the commissioner to knuckle under and pay the professional refs what they want.
I think it should go beyond that Fred. Ownership needs to bare some responsibility as well, just like any other corporation. If one wants a clean organization, they need to demand a clean system of officiating and governance of the game. It's not just a game...it's big biz with big money and big stakes.

qmr55

That was the means of this post!!

Still sayin' it GO PACK GO

Scott Reynolds

The Replacement refs are more fun to watch than the football players. I say leave them in. As far as last years refs, screw them. Now if the same thing was happening in Hockey (if there was Hockey), I would have a different opinion. You know, because Hockey is a real sport. I know all of you guys deep down knows that football sucks so I don't think there would be much of a response to this factually accurate post...

:ROFLMAO:

(sorry for trolling)

EDIT>>> Ya, I just went and relooked at play in slow-mo. That was not a very good call.....

Last edited:

Move In Media

See, the thing is that there were plenty of bad calls when the regular refs were in, I wonder if we're just overreacting because we know these refs are noobs?

HulkSmash

Broncos lost last week to the falcons because of the aids refs.

but like the packers.. we put ourselves into that situation...

qmr55

Yes they did put themselves in the position and they even admitted that.

But this is uncalled for, whens the last time you've seen a regular ref make a call to decide who wins the game then have another chance in a booth review and screw it up again.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They're screwing up on purpose so the old refs can come back and get what they want. There being paid off. I've never seen so much interference by referees in all my years watching games. They should be drawing penalties themselves.

SD&F

We pay people so much money and even then it is not enough and they want more.
I don't get it, the refs are now the ones that rule the game? If I go on strike will anyone care????

Move In Media

A friend of mine suggested a way to make sure the refs are a lot more careful about making bad calls: review their calls for a game and fine them for the obviously bad ones. Most people, you really get their attention when you go for their pockets.

qmr55

A friend of mine suggested a way to make sure the refs are a lot more careful about making bad calls: review their calls for a game and fine them for the obviously bad ones. Most people, you really get their attention when you go for their pockets.

That is exactly what is holding up the process of the real refs coming back. The NFL wants to be able to review calls come monday morning from sundays games and bench refs and fine them depending on bad calls! The real refs don't agree to this and that is part of the reason they can't agree.....that and the $$$$$$.

C

ColoPrinthead

We pay people so much money and even then it is not enough and they want more.
I don't get it, the refs are now the ones that rule the game? If I go on strike will anyone care????

I have a hard time feeling sorry for people complaining about making the kind of money refs are being paid. That being said I heard on the radio this morning that the demands of the refs equal about $60k more a year per team. I wonder how much the Packers would have paid to have gotten the game ending call correct. Its humorous to an extent but ultimately its turning this season into a joke.

Move In Media

That is exactly what is holding up the process of the real refs coming back. The NFL wants to be able to review calls come monday morning from sundays games and bench refs and fine them depending on bad calls! The real refs don't agree to this and that is part of the reason they can't agree.....that and the $$$$$$.

Well of course they don't agree, but in any normal workplace there are penalties for poor performance. I mean we fine players for bad hits, right? Why is there no accountability on the refs? I mean, we've all had the situation where you see an obviously blown call, yet nothing happens to the ref... sometimes when I see the refs huddle it looks like they're deciding who's got more money on which team to win....

showcase 66

I have a hard time feeling sorry for people complaining about making the kind of money refs are being paid. That being said I heard on the radio this morning that the demands of the refs equal about $60k more a year per team. I wonder how much the Packers would have paid to have gotten the game ending call correct. Its humorous to an extent but ultimately its turning this season into a joke.

What sucks more for the packers is the fact they do not have the "single" owner like the rest of the teams have so in a lot of ways, they do not have the voice like Jerry Jones. Being the only publicly owned team is a huge draw back in this situation. It will just come as a bunch of whinny fans pissed off instead of an owner going to the table and saying we need to fix it.

Steve Young nailed it last week when he said that the NFL doesn't care about having refs in the game. As long as ESPN, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc. keep reporting on the game and talking about the game and then "us" the fans keep watching the games whether on TV or in stadium, they will still be making a ton of money. In the end thats what it is about. If the fans boycotted the games by not going to a single weeks worth of games. The NFL and teams would lose more than what they would lose by paying the refs what they want or deserve.

Is that going to happen? No. I have season tickets to the Cardinals and my family has had them since the team moved to AZ. I have paid for the tickets so I am going to the games.

What pisses me off more today was the comment that the NFL has said that there is nothing that can be done now and the packers can not appeal the game. This is BS. The commissioner can and should do something.

Rule 17, Section 2 of the NFL rule book:
Section 2 Extraordinarily Unfair Acts
COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY
Article 1 The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.
NO CLUB PROTESTS
Article 2 The authority and measures provided for in this entire Section 2 do not constitute a protest machinery for NFL clubs to avail themselves of in the event a dispute arises over the result of a game. The investigation called for in this Section 2 will be conducted solely on the Commissioner’s initiative to review an act or occurrence that he deems so extraordinary or unfair that the result of the game in question would be inequitable to one of the participating teams. The Commissioner will not apply his authority in cases of complaints by clubs concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed.
PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS
Article 3 The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in Rule 17, Section 1, Articles 5 through 11, above. In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedure he deems appropriate.

Now with all that said.

Vegas will be screwed if anything were to be changed.