• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

nice signs in Kennebrook maine

Marlene

it's Kennebunk, not Kennebrook. it is a really nice place to go sign looking. it also looked like they had some shots of signs in Kennebunkport which is the snotty upscaled town nearby. there are some really great signs there too. a lot of carved & gold leaf. one of my favorites has copper cattails and another has a mole dressed in a suit swinging in a cut out area at the top of the sign. there's some nice work with smalt & gold leaf too. that's the town where the Bush summer house is as well as the house used in the original Dark Shadows.

skyhigh

it's Kennebunk, not Kennebrook. .

I hear they are changing the name to Kenneboink :rolleyes:

With a population of only 10k, and a list of over 100 male clients (she must have a darn good business plan)

Kinda makes you wonder when she had time for her Zumba class's.

Marlene

there are a lot of rich people in that area so there will be some names some might know. now back to the signs, I wonder if she had a nice sign? I'd love to know if anyone on our site makes some of those signs around that area as they are show pieces. not only in Kennebunk & Kennebunkport but the areas around that part of Maine have some of the best sign work I have ever seen. each one is a work of art and look more like they should be hanging in an art gallery.

Malkin

:goodpost:

A great old sign friend of mine made his living for several decades making hand carved signs in Kennebunk.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
did some work for a zumba store in this area - it's essentially a franchise, and they are all required to use certain fonts/colors. Unfortunately, the franchise owners are sent (by corporate?) to some crap "sticker" place with some of the worst vinyl I've ever installed.

Marlene

A great old sign friend of mine made his living for several decades making hand carved signs in Kennebunk.

he did a nice job! there is one that I just love that has a cut out area at the top with a little mole on a swing..kind of vague discription I know but it is just so cool looking. it is at a store just as you come into Kennebunkport from Wells on 9A.

skyhigh

:goodpost:

Ahhhhhhhh, I see you are not that far from Bar Harbor. THAT will be my next vacation spot. Wouldn't mind going further north, up to St.Johns Bay also.

You'll have to give me some vacation pointers Malkin. :cool1:

Malkin

Bah Ha'ba has some really nice signwork. I have vacationed there 3 years running. (helps it is so close!)