• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nickle metal Plate?

solock

I am quoting on a job that the customer states is mounted on a Nickle plate, not clear if it is nickle plated, or all nickle.

The image that I have from them is of a smaller product produced the same way looks completely like anodized brushed aluminum plate.

The brush runs vertical, not necessarily how I would have done it artistically, but they are the customer.

Anyone know of a nickle plated aluminum material?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Steve

SignosaurusRex

Achitects and designers are generally referring to 'Nickel Plated Steel' (NPS) or Stainless Steel ....for their corrosion resistance qualities.
Brushed NPS is a standard architectural metal. Contact a 'Specialty' or 'Architectural' metals distributor in your area.

solock

THanks for the replies

THe company specs are nickle plate, but after looking at what they want me to mimic, it is brushed aluminum, .050 thick so really nothing special. Since I know the environment where this is being installed, I know that it is the look they are going for not a wear or life of sign issue.

Brushed aluminum it is.

solock

Brushed aluminum was what they were referring to, and it met their expectations.

Thanks for the insight.