Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nifty Tip: Review your e-mail at the end of the week

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Lately on Sunday mornings I've been going through the entire week's e-mail and making sure I didn't miss anything. Almost always I find something where the conversation left off with my response or action needed. I usually look at all the bids or requests that week and write a short "Good morning, just wanted to follow up on the request you made earlier this week". I also go through my open invoices waiting for initial payment and I kindly ask if we're still on for this job and the next step is payment. Last Sunday I got two payments from people I followed up on that just forgot about it during the week.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 5
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  2. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    I find more stuff that I missed on text messages and facebook instant messenger. Neither is as simple to manage as a good email client. They should both be used with caution. Messaging services will lower the resolution of attached images to meet their size restrictions. Better to send a dropbox link (or similar) if you use text messaging for transferring images. Facebook Messenger is another thing altogether. I have clients that insist on using it. It is a complete hassle. They, however, are comfortable with it and are not inclined to change. To them, email is a hassle.

3. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I have yet to have a legitimate client reach me through Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  4. joshGN

joshGN Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Edmond,Ok
    I live and die by my email....I get people calling, txt'ing and fb msgs...I tell all of them the same thing...

Send me an email and I'll get you a proof, estimate etc...

Email is my sanity...

Nice tip Tex!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I don't like when customer text message me as I want everything on my computer and not on my phone...very easy to forget something

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    When people want to send me orders by text I just tell them that my phone doesn't get them. Then when they ask for my email, I text it to them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I usually flag my emails on the first read through and then don't unflag them until I have finished the task/answer the question. Even that doesn't work 100% and I find unfinished work by Friday!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Yea I like to use the flag tool and I still end up missing a few

9. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I have had one client text me the entire process. It was maddening. Send an email, no response for days. Send a text, saying I sent you an email, get a response immediately, replying 'from the email' in a goddddam text! WTF mate? I ended up screenshotting and emailing the approval on letting so I could sleep at night.
    I don't believe in facebook

10. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    ABSOLUTELY! no matter who or how they contact me I send them straight to email then we can get down to business

• Like Like x 1
  11. FireSprint

FireSprint Merchant Member