Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nifty trick to install horizontal panels on wall

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Normally I panel vertical, but on corrugated metal buildings, vertical can be tricky because there is very little room on the ridges. When I do horizontal, I came up with an easy trick to line the panels up in seconds. I use a metal bracket and fasten it to the top of the bottom panel where I would normally pop a screw in anyway. It creates a little pocket for the top panel to slide in and sit right on top of the bottom panel. It also keeps it in place until I can get some screws in. This also works on 8'x8' real estate / construction site signs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tags:
    • Like Like x 14
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 3
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  2. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    I like it! That's a good trick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Slick - nice!

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Great tip. Thanks for sharing.

5. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
    Quite clever!

6. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Those little brackets come in very handy on a number of things. That and the C clamps make handling signs sooo much easier.

7. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I do something similar on horizontal seems. I have a piece of angle we have reused several times now that's 20' long 2x2x1/8" architectural style (Square inside corner) Screw it to the bottom of a cabinet like a piece of trim, or turn it 90 and screw it to a wall for a wall sign. Plus it's easy to level.
    I like this though, never thought to panel vertically on corrugated walls.
    I'll say if you like c-clamps, check out kant-twist clamps. Their more robust, and they have a wider clamping area so you can lift more weight without marring the materials as much.

8. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I'll look into those.

The C clamps are handy dandy... I'll put a couple on slide-out poly faces when they won't budge, or clamp them to the top of a sign when I need to lift it.. so much easier then pinching it with my hands.

9. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I used them on a large cabinet install when the top saddle got hung on the top of the pole. The dummy who welded the frame together did not put any access to the top of the sign, but luckily he ran stringers between the two saddles. I took a pair of the clamps and clamped one at 3' and one at 6' and used them for ladder rungs!
    Also it beats the hell out of a c clamp when you find yourself needing a hammer.

10. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    Slick. Thanks for sharing. I love these types of posts!!! :):)