• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NIGHTMARE vinyl removal

Signs Express

We're trying to remove some silver metallic vinyl stripes off a fairly new Dodge Ram pickup. Total nightmare! The vinyl is coming up in little pieces. We've tried lots of heat and no heat. Seems to make little difference. Any advice??

Futura Signs

we had a similar problem. not only was it falling into pieces it was really brittle as the sun had baked it on over the years. Oven cleaner was our last resort.
but i guess maybe a Steam Genie would have worked.

charlie3238

We're trying to remove some silver metallic vinyl stripes off a fairly new Dodge Ram pickup. Total nightmare! The vinyl is coming up in little pieces. We've tried lots of heat and no heat. Seems to make little difference. Any advice??

Is it the OCC Choppers model ram? I removed the stripes off one of those and it was the same deal. Used a heat gun, Rapid remover, Lil chizzler, Stripe eraser and lot`s of elbow grease!

chasegraphics

First try the steam, if that does no good then use Vinyl Off, works great heat the vinyl before you apply, let sit of 1 minute, heat again, if glue residue is left use a plastic squeegee.