• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NIK software

Colin

Anybody have any experience with NIK software? I'm thinking of getting the "Complete Collection", and am looking for some feedback.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I took a photography class and the teacher was raving about it. She had some pretty photos that she had altered with the Nik software. Pretty cool stuff.

growler

I believe they make some of the best tools in the market. Define in my eyes is the best noise reduction tool in the market. Colour efex is a super tool for making some great changes to your images.

I have used their other tools, but not to an extent where I could judge them fairly, most of my photography is colour and lighting correction I tend not to need.

Hope that is of some help.

Colin

Thanks. I understand that it's a plug-in and not a stand-alone software - is that right? (I have PhotoShop 5 for PC).

signswi

I believe they make some of the best tools in the market. Define in my eyes is the best noise reduction tool in the market. Colour efex is a super tool for making some great changes to your images.

I have used their other tools, but not to an extent where I could judge them fairly, most of my photography is colour and lighting correction I tend not to need.

Hope that is of some help.

Silver efex and Sharpener Pro are fantastic though I think Noise Ninja is better than Dfine for noise reduction. At least it was last time I ran tests in '09.

Colin

Just ordered it through "Unique Photo" for $379.00 with free shipping. Best price I could find.