• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nissan and 3M....how ironic!

visual800

I got a call today from an old client that I have done partial wraps for....Partial as in large graphics. I don't do wraps, I don't like wraps BUT I do know several of you make your living do them.

He wanted me to create the whole wrap and he said that Nissan would give him $700 towards the purchase of a 3m wrap which they would print and specify an installer. I told him no I will not wrap a vehicle but I would design it for him. He asked who around here wraps and is certified and I said no one you may need to go to Bham. Then the begging started.

When Colorado Wraps posted that 3M link it didn't much phase me cause 1-I don't do wraps, 2-I doubt I would ever see this. Well now it does tick me off just a little bit as to how they would offer this and sell behind the backs of the people they sell to. I told the guy to go back to dealer and tell the salesrep to give him the $700 and he would get his own junk done....this oughta be good

Jack Knight1979

it's spreading. This will blow up in 3m's face. They need to look at long term sales. The cost of fixing all these poorly installed wraps is going to kill them. (based on the posts from the 3m thread) Don't forget the loss of business from an entire industry.

CheapVehicleWrap

Actually to look at it in a positive way, it won't be long before the layman understands cheap wrap no good and car dealers can't install wraps. When it's all said and done I expect a very large offer for CVW so they can salvage the industry.

HulkSmash

Yup, it's ok though. They're not our competition. :Sleeping:
Once again 3M taking us for a fool. It really insults me that they think we're this dumb.

slappy

or we could all become 3M installers... take the class, get the cert and then do a bunch of half a$$ unnoticeable at first crappy jobs so that they would fail and have to be eventually replaced under the 3 year/36000 mile warranty eating up profits in the long run.... but that's just a dream i suppose

SlightlyChilled

I'm not trying to be a jerk. This is old news I am the new kid and I knew about this 2 to 3 years ago. Why are people just finding this stuff out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think many of you are still missing the big picture.

Out here for everyone to see, including 3M, you're quickly finding and re-calculating their mistakes so fast, they won't have much down time and will fix their problems pronto. The only problem they are facing is the lousy installation costs. Marketing, materials and every other aspect is fine-tuned. You are literally helping them with their own 'Quality Control'.

With their money and their ability with big pockets, it won't take them long at all to figure out to make ends meet is just to hire the good installers right out of your shops. They must've forget how or what's involved with installation.... or just didn't figure so many up front would be so bad. Once they correct that, you'll never catch them.

What do all the big guys do to competition.... either lowball 'em or starve them out. Taking your lead guys away with better salaries and more benefits is all they need to do and believe me, this has been a style in business for a long-long time. Ask me how I know. Sure, some of you may weather it, but most won't be able to. They'll gobble up their competition and then..... control everything.

tyzero

I got a call today from an old client that I have done partial wraps for....Partial as in large graphics. I don't do wraps, I don't like wraps BUT I do know several of you make your living do them.

People why don't you see the bigger picture? mmm is now targeting your clients too. You may not do wraps but still this is a previous customer that you wont even do his large graphics for anymore! There will come a day when they design your clients wrap also. They are on track to eat up all yours, mine and everyone's work. From design, to print to install. Its only a matter of time.