• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nissan NV Tall Van tips?

OADesign

Hi All!

We are doing a wrap on this Nissan NV Tall Van.
And we accepted the project before I got a chance to see all the details. (not that what I say make any difference lol)
Looks like this one is beyond my skill set and I am nervous.

Any tips on wrapping this van? What scares me the most is the deep recces on the sides. And access to the crown (with out damaging the hood or windshield).

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• NissanNVvan.jpg
    NissanNVvan.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 80

mudmedia

Use a ladder on each side of front wheel areas with a sliding aluminum scaffold over the hood to reach the panel above windshield.

Proper way to do channels on the NV is to cut them out if you search on the site you should see a few debates over right and wrong.

Good luck

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Plenty of Primer94. Try and get the material worked down into the recesses without stretching to much, then heat and work into the channels (aka don't bridge if you don't have to). I hate cutting into recesses, if you cut to hard you cut into the paint. Post heat set and you should be good to go.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Do NOT use Primer 94 if you are using Oracal though. Also the trailing edge of the hood by the cowling is VERY sturdy, enough to handle at least 180lbs along it's edge. A scaffold to reach over the giant nose is probably a better method though. :Big Laugh

Use a ladder on each side of front wheel areas with a sliding aluminum scaffold over the hood to reach the panel above windshield.

Proper way to do channels on the NV is to cut them out if you search on the site you should see a few debates over right and wrong.

Good luck

Plenty of Primer94. Try and get the material worked down into the recesses without stretching to much, then heat and work into the channels (aka don't bridge if you don't have to). I hate cutting into recesses, if you cut to hard you cut into the paint. Post heat set and you should be good to go.

tsgstl

I just did a partial on one of these (only the sides). I trimmed the recess, some don't I did and don't feel bad about it at all. Those lines are not straight so keep that in mind when laying it out. The sharp recess about a inch or two up from there is worse. And for some reason on the passenger side it is caulked. I never wrap over caulk so I had to trim that one out as well. All in All it wasn't that bad at all. Not as EZ as a box truck but similar to a van.

HulkSmash

Cut, and drop the channels. I don't care what anyone says it's going to fail. Even with 3m envision film. Maybe not immediately though

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
If you're light enough, take your shoes off and wrap the front top part with help. We did 2 of these full wraps...not bad. Cut and drop the recesses.