Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nissan NV Tall Van tips?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by OADesign, Feb 23, 2013.

1. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    Hi All!

We are doing a wrap on this Nissan NV Tall Van.
    And we accepted the project before I got a chance to see all the details. (not that what I say make any difference lol)
    Looks like this one is beyond my skill set and I am nervous.

Any tips on wrapping this van? What scares me the most is the deep recces on the sides. And access to the crown (with out damaging the hood or windshield).

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Use a ladder on each side of front wheel areas with a sliding aluminum scaffold over the hood to reach the panel above windshield.

Proper way to do channels on the NV is to cut them out if you search on the site you should see a few debates over right and wrong.

Good luck

3. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

Plenty of Primer94. Try and get the material worked down into the recesses without stretching to much, then heat and work into the channels (aka don't bridge if you don't have to). I hate cutting into recesses, if you cut to hard you cut into the paint. Post heat set and you should be good to go.

4. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Do NOT use Primer 94 if you are using Oracal though. Also the trailing edge of the hood by the cowling is VERY sturdy, enough to handle at least 180lbs along it's edge. A scaffold to reach over the giant nose is probably a better method though. :Big Laugh

5. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    cut the channels.

6. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    I just did a partial on one of these (only the sides). I trimmed the recess, some don't I did and don't feel bad about it at all. Those lines are not straight so keep that in mind when laying it out. The sharp recess about a inch or two up from there is worse. And for some reason on the passenger side it is caulked. I never wrap over caulk so I had to trim that one out as well. All in All it wasn't that bad at all. Not as EZ as a box truck but similar to a van.

7. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Cut, and drop the channels. I don't care what anyone says it's going to fail. Even with 3m envision film. Maybe not immediately though

8. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    If you're light enough, take your shoes off and wrap the front top part with help. We did 2 of these full wraps...not bad. Cut and drop the recesses.