• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nix Color Spectrometer

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Has anyone used the NIX color spectrometer, I have an XRite, but the NIX might be nice to take to the field to check colors. Any thoughts on this.

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
You can use your xrite spectro if you have an android cellphone by using ArgyllPro.

You will also need a USB OTG adapter.

unclebun

I use the little Nix to measure colors of things on location, i.e. color of wall to match raceway color. Not sure if the additional features of the more expensive models actually are useful.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
How accurate is the Nix? We have a spectro 1 pro and it's about as accurate as my eyeballs and a dart board.

Maybe check the one available from Epson also.

Epson SD-10 Spectrophotometer I Overview...

Perhaps I am missing something?

Spot color measurements can be performed with several highly portable instruments that generally cost less than $300 (some even less than $100) - Color Muse, Nix Sensor, Color Cube are three examples. Without an SDK or API, no 3rd-party RIP manufacturers can address the SD-10 for profile creation, so it's utility would appear to mimic that of other devices that cost far less.