• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no black ink

skasigns

We have a Mimaki JV-3. This weekend I went to do a print and the registration marks didn't print. I stopped the print and did a couple of cleanings. Then did a print test and there was no black at all. Changed both black dampers. One is fine the other shows no difference. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

fabiocrummy

We have a Mimaki JV-3. This weekend I went to do a print and the registration marks didn't print. I stopped the print and did a couple of cleanings. Then did a print test and there was no black at all. Changed both black dampers. One is fine the other shows no difference. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Hi, try this in sequence:
- watch the dampers, they have to be full
- if the dampers are not full of black ink, take a siringe (without the needle) and try to pull the ink from the damper to fill it.
- if the siringe method is not working and only air is on it it means that some o-ring is not working
- if you can fill the dampers it's ok put the dampers in the printhead and try to do a fill-up
- if it don't work try to put the black damper in another printhead (not the nearest) and replace the posistion (black damper in yellow printhead and yellow damper in black printhead) and do a fill up again
- if the printhead where there are black damper prints black ink you need to try to change the cap top of the black printhead and/or the pump.
- if changing pump and cap top (with the damper in the right place) the black printhead doesn't work you have to change it

i hope this can help

fabiocrummy

Also forgot to mention. When I did the cleaning, no cleaning fluid would stay in the black. thanks
what do you mean when you say "i did the cleaning"? Do you mean the nozzle wash cleaning? If it is the "nozzle wash" and the liquid fall down on the capping, maybe your pump is broken, you have to change it

skasigns

Today the damper was empty again. Did a fill up, custody wash, etc. When I do the test and printing the far left black still shows nothing. I'm thinking it's a pump. Can anyone tell me how to change the pump. Thanks
Kim

fabiocrummy

Today the damper was empty again. Did a fill up, custody wash, etc. When I do the test and printing the far left black still shows nothing. I'm thinking it's a pump. Can anyone tell me how to change the pump. Thanks
Kim

to change the pump is pretty easy: the pump is located right back your left media holder, you have to take off the panel behind the left media holder and you will see the two pumps, the pump is connected to the cap tops with the tygon tube, remember the position of the tubes to let you put the new pump in the same position after change it. the pump have only one screw on its left side. watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjEeRzveh3o.