• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Black / Then No Cyan ?

ronl1975

So I lost black 2 days ago, changed all cap tops and sucked black through with a syringe and everything was back to normal yesterday. Today I lost cyan and sucking cyan through with a syringe isn't working. Any idea whats going on here?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What's the model? Are you just pulling air on the cyan or do you feel back pressure on the syringe? Double check that your cartridge has ink in it. Sometimes it doesn't flag the printer and that would cause this issue. Let us know the model and we can help more.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would hook the syringe directly up to the cap top tube and pull from there. This will tell you if the cap is sealing correctly and it should pull the ink down through the system fairly easy. Depending on the size of syringe you are using, you should be able to see the ink flow through the damper and head and into the syringe within 2 to 4 pulls. When you pull the syringe, you should be able to see the damper collapse slightly. If you get good pressure and nothing moves through the lines at all, something is clogged and/or the damper could be failing. You could always take the damper off and pull directly on the ink line with the syringe. If ink doesn't comes through that way, something rare is happening such as a clogged needle or ink line.

Hey Ronl1975,

VanderJ is on the right track. After you've performed actions recommended to remedy the issue, we suspect all will be fine.

However, if you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn