• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Capping position

signs1976

I bought an old Mutoh large format printer. When I turn it on it says "no capping position" Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix this problem?

randya

What is printer model number and serial#?

Sound generically like the capping sensor is unplugged, bad or missing.

this should normally be a flag type sensor, probably located on the far right side of the machine with the flag on the head carriage.

Compilla

I bought an old Mutoh large format printer. When I turn it on it says "no capping position" Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix this problem?

Reset Home Position if you have a FO Printer:

RESET HOME POSITION

With machine OFF
Hold down the Cleaning, Menu, & Shift Buttons all at the same time, while holding these buttons turn the machine ON
You will hear a series of beeps from the machine, when you hear these beeps let off the buttons, and the control panel will say DIAG:EXAM
Hit the menu button ONCE to DIAG:ADJUSTMENT
Press the Media Button Once
The print head will move around a little bit and then go back to rest position
The control panel will say ADJ:HOME
Hit the Media Button once, and the printhead will move around again and give you a negative number such as -63.xxx or -64.xxx for the 46", 48", and 62" and for the 38" Junior you will get a -72.xxx or -75.xxx number.
Hit Media button once more and then shut the machine OFF and then turn the machine back on normally and follow the steps below for the powerful cleaning process.

Compilla

Press the Menu button until you come to Menu: Utility
Press the Media button Once
Press the Menu Button to Clean: NORMAL
Press the Resolution Button once to change NORMAL to POWERFUL
Press the Media Button Once
The machine will start the powerful cleaning process

Did that help ?